Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: why isnt cron working?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting why isnt cron working? Post 302266141 by Ikon on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 03:20:50 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Code:
*/1 * * * * /home/enzo/Desktop/dlrecentuse

That doesnt make sense.

* * * * * /home/enzo/Desktop/dlrecentuse

That runs every minute.

Code:
*/10 * * * * /home/enzo/Desktop/dlrecentuse

Runs every 10 minutes

You dont have to restart cron after changin.

Look in cron log in /var/log to see if there are any errors.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why passwd isnt working in shell scripts?

I had to write a script to change my login password, and the script wasnt working fine. When I searched through the previous postings in this forum, I got the solution (using 'expect' tool). But I would like to know why passwd command isnt working in scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deepa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron not working

Cron does not seem to work with this crontab. Any ideas? # run-parts # commands to execute every hour 01 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly # commands to execute every day 02 4 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily # commands to execute every week 22 4 * * 0 root run-parts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DaleCabell
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron not working?

Hello I have a mac os x server machine that I have setup a cron to run a php file using wget and cron doesn't seem to work. I have setup cron on other mac's before and they have all worked. Also I know wget works because I have tested it. Is there anything else I should try? I do crontab -e and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: christo16
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron not working

I created a file in /u01/oradata directory as cronjb.ksh which contains following script 30 12 * * * /export/home/oracle/u01/oradata/rman.ksh '/export/home/oracle' is my root directory. I then moved cronjb.ksh file to my '/export/home/oracle' directory. i typed crontab cronjb.ksh. However my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manna
1 Replies

5. Solaris

cron not working.

I have a script monitor.sh the path is /netmon/bin/monitor.sh when i run this script as sh /netmon/bin/monitor.sh it runs completely fine. but when i include it in crontab , it does not run my cron entry is 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * *... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: asalman.qazi
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Code to remove files when corresponding file doesnt exist isnt working.

I am trying to add some code to the begging of a script so that it will remove all the .transcript files, when their is no coressponding .wav file. But it doesnt work. This is the code I have added: for transcriptfile in `$voicemaildir/*.transcript`; do wavfile=`echo $transcriptfile | cut -d'.'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghurty
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working from cron while working manually

Hello, I am facing a very strange problem when I run my script manuallu ./Fetchcode which is using to connect with MKS integrity from linux end it workks fine but when I run it from cron it doesn't work.Can someone help me 1) How could I check my script when it is running from cron like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Cron not working

Hi, It is SLES 10.3 VM. Suddenly cron stopped working on this and I am not able to figure out, where it is failing. It is not running with even root. I gave a simple job of redirection of 'date' command, that also doesn't work. Can somebody help me to fix this ? vmprdt23:~ # ps -ef | grep -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep -w ip address from a file isnt working need help

I have a file "file1" that contains several ip address , and the "file2" contains several records , each line in file2 contains somewhere the ip address that i am searching in the file1 I use the unix command grep -w for i in `cat file1` do grep -w "$i" file2 >> file3 done ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
9 Replies
Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)

NAME
Desktop::Notify::Notification - a notification object for the desktop notifications framework VERSION
Version 0.03 SYNOPSIS
# $notify is an existing Desktop::Notify object my $note = $notify->create(summary => 'Rebuilding FooBar', body => 'Progress: 10%'); $note->show; ... # Update the notification later $note->body('Progress: 20%'); $note->show; ... # Take it off the screen $note->close; DESCRIPTION
Desktop notification objects are represented as objects of this class. They are created by a Desktop::Notify object. Displaying, closing, and modifying the notification is done by using methods in this class. METHODS
new $notify, %params This is called internally by Desktop::Notify to create a new notification object. show Display the notification on the screen. If this notification had previously been shown and not closed yet, it will replace the existing notification. Show can be called multiple times on the same notification, probably with attribute changes between calls, and later show calls will cause the server to seamlessly replace the existing notification. close Close the notification if it is already being displayed. ATTRIBUTES
The following parameters can be set when creating the object or later modified using accessors (descriptions are from the specification at <http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/0.9/x408.html>) summary The summary text briefly describing the notification. body The optional detailed body text. Can be empty. timeout The timeout time in milliseconds since the display of the notification at which the notification should automatically close. If -1, the notification's expiration time is dependent on the notification server's settings, and may vary for the type of notification. If 0, never expire. The following extra parameters are included in the specification but not supported by Desktop::Notify at this time app_icon The optional program icon of the calling application. actions Actions are sent over as a list of pairs. Each even element in the list (starting at index 0) represents the identifier for the action. Each odd element in the list is the localized string that will be displayed to the user. hints Optional hints that can be passed to the server from the client program. perl v5.10.1 2009-12-25 Desktop::Notify::Notification(3pm)