Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert PERL script to SHELL script Post 302266133 by ma466 on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 02:54:49 PM
Old 12-09-2008
convert PERL script to SHELL script

Hi all experts,

I am new to Unix. Could you please help me to convert the following PERL script to SHELL? I will appreciate.

#!/bin/sh
use strict;
use warnings;
my $robot_num = 0;

my %rob_tapes;
foreach (`/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -l -rn $robot_num`)
{ $rob_tapes{(split)[0]} = 1; }

foreach (`/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpmedialist -l`)
{
my @line = split;
next unless exists $rob_tapes{$line[0]}; #remove for all
my $status = "";
if ($line[14] & 0x1 ) { $status .= " FROZEN"; }
if ($line[14] & 0x8 ) { $status .= " FULL"; }
if ($status) { print "$line[0] $status\n"; }
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the below perl sript to shell script

perl script: my $logdir = '/smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp'; $logdir = $logdir ."/mp${toDate}*"; i tried to make it..as below .. but not working .. date +%m%d%y logdir = /smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp logdir=$logdir/mp"$date" but it was not working..... can someone please help me out in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/Perl script to convert to Capitalize case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string within a <title> tag to Capitalize case. E.g "<title>hi man: check this out</title>" to "<title>Hi Man: Check This Out</title>" (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert .sh script into perl

Good afternoon to you all I really need your help I have the following script developed in .sh and I need to convert it into perl. Can someone help me do it please? Here´s the script: ############################################## ############################################## ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zarahel
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert perl code to shell script

This is about how to Monitoring folder for new files using shell script im doing a project using smsserver tools 3. i have used a perl script to handle incoming messages. the content of each message must be directed to a java program. this program generates the answer to reply to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x34
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to shell script

bash$ mdb-schema x.mdb | perl -wpe 's%^DROP TABLE %DROP TABLE IF EXISTS %i; s%(Memo/Hyperlink|DateTime( \(Short\))?)%TEXT%i; s%(Boolean|Byte|Byte|Numeric|Replication ID|(\w+ )?Integer)%INTEGER%i; s%(BINARY|OLE|Unknown (+)?)%BLOB%i; s%\s*\(\d+\)\s*(,?*)$%${1}%;' | sqlite3 x.db ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackpapa
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly help me out to convert this script to shell script.

set +v echo "Program Name :" $0 # echo "Next param :" $1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" $2 echo "User Name :" $3 echo "Request ID :" $4 echo "Original File Name ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh1985
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone convert this python script to perl

There is a python script that I would like converted to a perl script. If someone has the time to convert the script I would appreciate it. You can find the script below: reboot-mb8600/reboot-mb8600.py at master . j4m3z0r/reboot-mb8600 . GitHub #!/usr/bin/python ''' A hacky script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azdps
1 Replies