Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multiple website traffic analyzer Post 302266124 by chebarbudo on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 02:00:52 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Question multiple website traffic analyzer

Hello everybody,
I'm hosting several websites on the same server using apache virtual hosting:
Code:
~$ tail /etc/apache2/sites-available/default
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName website1.mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/website1
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName website2.mydomain.com
    DocumentRoot /var/www/website2
</VirtualHost>

1) I'm looking for a simple program that would give me basic traffic analysis on every website. Do you have any piece of advice? I almost just need to know the traffic generated by each website.

2) I'm very beginner in hosting my own websites. What are the crucial requirements that need to be wisely choosen and possibly analyzed and compared between websites? ram? cpu? bandwidth?

Thanks for your help.
Santiago

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ACL Analyzer Script

Hello, I am trying to make a bash script that will analyze and document Cisco (router) ACLs that will output a file with the source, destination, protocol, and ports (ports of the destination only) into a text file. The whole reason why all our current ACLs need to be documented is because we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Okema
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching multiple pdf files from website

I need some help in getting all pdf files from a website after logging into a session. Website requires me to enter my email address then it logs me into a session where it gives me link to download all the pdf files. Is there a way i can automate this using wget or curl? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP UX Syslog Analyzer

Hi everybody I need to analyze syslog file in HP UX Is there any log analayzer for this file? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_arab
3 Replies

4. Solaris

graphical diskspace analyzer

Hi all, recently I took over the admin task for a solaris 5.10 machine. Being a little bit familiar with debian systems Solaris is up to now a complete mystery to me. The first thing I would like to have is a graphical diskspace analyzer. I mean something like BaoBab under gnome. I there a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sly_dunbar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run php script on multiple website domains

Good Day, I have multiple websites on a domain. I am looking for a loop structure that can run each site script. egdomain1/test.php domainx/test.php so on, currently I copy and paste a list of commands but that skips certain commands. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Sergio (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SergioP
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Best iptables log analyzer?

Hello all, i want to view my iptables log on web interface, with chart (in option, and this is not my priority). What is the best program for this? I have Ubuntu server. Thanks ! :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pacifiste95
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Centralized linux system log analyzer?!

Hello everyone! I`m searching for linux log parser application. I already find some ways, but the best looks logzilla. Requirements: Web interface for viewing Filtering in web Notifications in web or email Open source Support linux system logs, custom logs and apache logs. I will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabalv
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect all browser traffic to website x

Hello everyone, I need to write a shell script, that redirects all traffic in your browser to a website x. That means: 1. User sends a request to load website "www-somerandomwebsite-com" 2. the script redirects the request to a local file that is stored on the hard drive 3. User will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: runtimeError
5 Replies
htsserver(1)						      General Commands Manual						      htsserver(1)

NAME
htsserver - offline browser server : copy websites to a local directory SYNOPSIS
htsserver [ path/ ] [ keyword value [ keyword value .. ] ] DESCRIPTION
htsserver this program is a web frontend server to httrack(1). , a website copier, used by webhttrack(1). EXAMPLES
htsserver /usr/share/httrack/ path $HOME/websites lang 1 then, browse http://localhost:8080/ FILES
/etc/httrack.conf The system wide configuration file. ENVIRONMENT
HOME Is being used if you defined in /etc/httrack.conf the line path ~/websites/# DIAGNOSTICS
Errors/Warnings are reported to hts-log.txt located in the destination directory. BUGS
Please reports bugs to <bugs@httrack.com>. Include a complete, self-contained example that will allow the bug to be reproduced, and say which version of (web)httrack you are using. Do not forget to detail options used, OS version, and any other information you deem neces- sary. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) Xavier Roche and other contributors This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA. AVAILABILITY
The most recent released version of (web)httrack can be found at: http://www.httrack.com AUTHOR
Xavier Roche <roche@httrack.com> SEE ALSO
The HTML documentation (available online at http://www.httrack.com/html/ ) contains more detailed information. Please also refer to the httrack FAQ (available online at http://www.httrack.com/html/faq.html ) httrack website copier Mar 2003 htsserver(1)