Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Calculate the Median, first quartile and third quartile using AWK Post 302266115 by BubbaJoe on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 01:19:16 PM
Old 12-09-2008
Maybe you should use awk instead of calculator to get the results. It would be much easier to grab the 2nd field an do the math on those.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate with awk

Hi, I have below awk statement and I need to convert the second field ( substr($0,8,6))from minutes to hours with 2 decimail place. How can I achieve this? /usr/bin/awk '{print substr($0,23,4),substr($0,8,6)}' /tmp/MANAGER_LIST.$$ >> /tmp/NEWMANAGER_LIST.$$ Thanks for any help! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to median

hi! i have a file like the attachement. you can see on the last column, there is a marker from 1 to 64 for each time. I'd like to have the median for each marker: i want to get a median every 128 values the result is : for an hour and marker x, i have the median value thank you for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: riderman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with calculate median, first quartile, second quartile and third quartile

Input file: 21.08 21.06 20.98 20.65 18.52 16.34 13.58 12.2 10.66 10.22 9.8 8.6 7.4 3.9 3.5 Desired output file: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compute the median of a set of numbers with AWK?

Is there a way in awk to compute the median of a set of numbers in a file in the following format. 34 67 78 100 23 45 67 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk based script to find the median of all individual columns in a data file

Hi All, I have some data like below. Step1,Param1,Param2,Param3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,5 2,4,5,6 3,0,1,2 3,0,0,0 3,2,1,3 ........ so on Where I need to find the median(arithmetic) of each column from Param1...to..Param3 for each set of Step1 values. (Sort each specific column, if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print median values of matrix -awk?

I use the following script to print the sum and how could I extend this to print medians instead? thanks name s1 s2 s3 s4 g1 2 8 6 5 g1 5 7 9 9 g1 6 7 8 9 g2 8 8 8 8 g2 7 7 7 7 g2 10 10 10 10 g3 3 12 1 24 g3 5 5 24 48 g3 12 3 12 12 g3 2 3 3 3 output name s1 s2 s3 s4 g1 5 7 8 9... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies
Tk_Grab(3tk)						       Tk Library Procedures						      Tk_Grab(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Grab, Tk_Ungrab - manipulate grab state in an application SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_Grab(interp, tkwin, grabGlobal) void Tk_Ungrab(tkwin) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting Tk_Window tkwin (in) Window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed or released int grabGlobal (in) Boolean indicating whether the grab is global or application local _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions are used to set or release a global or application local grab. When a grab is set on a particular window in a Tk applica- tion, mouse and keyboard events can only be received by that window and its descendants. Mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is global, then all mouse and keyboard events for windows outside the tree rooted at tkwin (even those intended for windows in other applications) will be redirected to tkwin. If the grab is application local, only mouse and keyboard events intended for a windows within the same application (but outside the tree rooted at tkwin) will be redi- rected. Tk_Grab sets a grab on a particular window. Tkwin specifies the window on whose behalf the pointer is to be grabbed. GrabGlobal indicates whether the grab should be global or application local; if it is non-zero, it means the grab should be global. Normally, Tk_Grab returns TCL_OK; if an error occurs and the grab cannot be set, TCL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left if interp's result. Once this call completes successfully, no window outside the tree rooted at tkwin will receive pointer- or keyboard-related events until the next call to Tk_Ungrab. If a previous grab was in effect within the application, then it is replaced with a new one. Tcl_Ungrab releases a grab on the mouse pointer and keyboard, if there is one set on the window given by tkwin. Once a grab is released, pointer and keyboard events will start being delivered to other windows again. KEYWORDS
grab, window Tk Tk_Grab(3tk)