Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: home directory links
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users home directory links Post 302266109 by vbe on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 12:40:04 PM
Old 12-09-2008
ok I will give you a little help:
This is a loop to extract the users (and more so it need some cleaning...) from /etc/passwd:
Code:
cp /etc/passwd tmp$$
while read line
do
USER=$(echo $line|awk '{FS=":";print $1}')
echo $USER
done < tmp$$

So what you have to do now is sent the ouput to a file
and :
Code:
cat file| while read USER
do

done

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I have two links in my rc.3 directory?

Hi, I am doing a services audit on one of our servers at work and I notice that I sometimes have a service with two slightly different prefixes. For example, S94httpd K15httpd Can one of them be safely deleted? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

3. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
DROP USER 
MAPPING(7) SQL Commands DROP USER MAPPING(7) NAME
DROP USER MAPPING - remove a user mapping for a foreign server SYNOPSIS
DROP USER MAPPING [ IF EXISTS ] FOR { username | USER | CURRENT_USER | PUBLIC } SERVER servername DESCRIPTION
DROP USER MAPPING removes an existing user mapping from foreign server. The owner of a foreign server can drop user mappings for that server for any user. Also, a user can drop a user mapping for his own user name if USAGE privilege on the server has been granted to the user. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the user mapping does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. username User name of the mapping. CURRENT_USER and USER match the name of the current user. PUBLIC is used to match all present and future user names in the system. servername Server name of the user mapping. EXAMPLES
Drop a user mapping bob, server foo if it exists: DROP USER MAPPING IF EXISTS FOR bob SERVER foo; COMPATIBILITY
DROP USER MAPPING conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). The IF EXISTS clause is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE USER MAPPING [create_user_mapping(7)], ALTER USER MAPPING [alter_user_mapping(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 DROP USER MAPPING(7)