Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Latest AIX Service Pack
Operating Systems AIX Latest AIX Service Pack Post 302265968 by Sprellarinn on Tuesday 9th of December 2008 04:01:40 AM
Old 12-09-2008
Don't commiting installation of service packs or technology levels only makes sence if you make sure that no other software is in applied state. Working in AIX support you can not believe how many times I have seen a machine where we need to revert the installation of particular service pack or technology level by rejecting the APPLYED packages only to find that pritty much all other software installed on the machine is in that state and has never been COMMITTED, regardless of how long ago it was installed.

So yes - only apply packages, but at least commit them before installing next time. Also when you only apply packages make sure as well that you save the replaced files.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

XP Service Pack 2: My Recommendation: Don't Upgrade

Hi, I have de-installed Windows SP2 on XP Pro. The new 'security features' are really annoying and don't add any value to an experienced user. Also, SP2 also ruined performance of Netscape 7.1, and generally killed CPU performance. I do not recommend installation of SP2, based on my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

2. AIX

Aix - Service Pack

I've recently installed ServicePack1 for Tecnology_Level 9 of AIX 5.2 . The result of installation is "OK" but with oslevel -s i dont see the service pack installed .... after many research i try (with many luck!!) instfix -i|grep SP and the result : All filesets for 5200-08-01_SP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

3. AIX

If the AIX need reboot after install fix pack or APAR?

After install fix pack or APAR, if aix need reboot? if not, do we need stop database and all applications before we install fix pack or APAR? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Checking Current Service Pack & Hot Fixes of XP

Dear Sir / Madam, With due respect, I am putting forwarad a question that whenever I am trying to check the current Service Pack & Hotfixes in Windows XP, I am getting the response like as under: (Windows can't find the" qfecheck.exe " check it again) in GUI mode ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swapan
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Service Packs

Can anyone out there let me know what is the *common* Technology Level and Service Pack that everyone is at? I am at 5300-06-04-0748 on all of my LPARs. Also- does anyone have any guidelinies to rolling out new TL and Sps? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to install AIX Fix Pack 5300-06-06-0811

Hi All, I have this fix for AIX (5300-06-06-0811) and i need to install it. How can i do this? What are the prerequisites for this fix? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucaxvu
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Fix Pack update

Hi All, i'm try to update my aix 6100.06.05 to 6100.07.00. i download the 4,5 GB of FixPack buy i don't have a required package (devices.chrp.pci.rte 6.1.7.0) This package does not exist on the fix pack (i've check in the .toc file and in the .bff files) On ibm website i see that this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
0 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 7.1 TL update -> only latest or one by one?

Hi, I'm about to update a 7.1 box from 7100-00-03-1115 to the latest level 7100-02-01-1245. Question: do I have to install all steps between them or can I just download the latest level and do a update_all? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iso
8 Replies
order(4)                                                           File Formats                                                           order(4)

NAME
order - package installation order description file DESCRIPTION
The package installation order file, .order, is an ASCII file specifying the order in which packages must be installed based on their pre- requisite dependencies. Any package with prerequisite dependencies must be installed after any packages it lists as a prerequisite dependency in its depend file. A .order file is required for the OS product. The .order file must reside in the top-level directory containing the product. The ordering is specified as a list of package identifiers, from the first package to be installed to the last, one package identifier per line. NOTES
The depend file supports incompatible and reverse dependencies. These dependency types are not recognized in the order file. SEE ALSO
cdtoc(4), clustertoc(4), depend(4), packagetoc(4), pkginfo(4) SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1993 order(4)