Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting piping output from PHP file into variable Post 302265915 by daydreamer on Monday 8th of December 2008 08:28:39 PM
Old 12-08-2008
piping output from PHP file into variable

Hi.

I have a script like so:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

download='php /var/www/last.php'
echo $download
if $download

How do I pipe the output of the php file into a variable, as when i run the if statement, it just echos the file output to the screen and does not actually consider the output (it will be either a 1 or 0).

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output to while read

Hi. Im using cat to output the contents of a file, then piping it to my while read loop.In this loop variables get assigned values. However when i try to use the variables outside the loop their values has been reset.I understand about subshells etc. but I have no idea how to "preserve" the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultimodiablo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping output to echo

Hi, I was wondering why ls * | echo does not print the contents of the directory to the screen? The way I see it, ls * returns a whole lot of information, and then we pipe all this info to echo, so surely it should all come to our screen! Is there a serious flaw in my understanding? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: A1977
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping oracle output to a file?

Hi All... Does anyone know how to pipe the output of a "select" statement from a call to Oracle to a file? ANy ideas woule be greatly appreciated! Code is as below... echo "producing CSV file 2..." sqlplus -s $username/$password@$database<<EOF set serveroutput on size 1000000 set... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping to a file and setting filename using a variable

Hi all, I would like to send the output of a line in a ksh script to a file, but I need to name the file using a predefined variable: ls -l > $MYVAR.arc But what is the correct syntax for achieving this? I can't seem to find the correct syntax for giving the file an extension. Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandriver
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping and assigning output to a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh code into Perl. But i have the following error. Can any expert help ? Error: ls: *tac: No such file or directory Csh set $ST_file = `ls -rt *$testid*st*|tail -1`; Perl my $ST_file = `ls -rt *$testid*st*|tail -1`; (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
10 Replies

6. Fedora

Piping output of "top" to a text file

I would like to pipe "top -n" to a text file, but I get an error: top: cannot open /dev/kmem kvm_open: Permission denied I am a non-root user. If I could find a way to get this type of output: "Memory: 2048M real, 1516M free, 4099M swap free" into a text file, I could further automate... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: safraser
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help piping the output from an app... uh, yeah...

Ok, so there is a perl script that runs as a server, on my local host. It tells me which port to use. I want to pipe that output into my browser so I can do the whole thing with a single command. The problem is, I think, that the program doesn't actually exit cause it's running a server, so...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjaaron
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping output of ls to a text file

Basically I was wondering if any of you know how to pipe the output of ls to a text file? so in my shell script one of the lines is ls but i want to pipe it into a file called directory listing. Cheers. I have tried ls | Directorylisting.txt but it keeps saying " line 7: DirectoryListing.txt:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNubBrah
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abnormality while piping tr command output to sed

i have a file seperated each line seperated by newline. For example alpha beta gamma i am trying to replace the newlines to "," but dont want , present at the end of the line so i am trying the below one liner . but not sure whats wrong but its not working cat myfile | tr -s '\n' ',' | sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help piping a value to a variable

Hey Guys. Below is the code I am using to pipe a value into a variable. When I tried it says the following xargs: :HEX:: No such file or directory Not sure what it means. Can anyone please help me figure this out. Below is the code I am using. (It echo's out just fine) sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eldan88
1 Replies
php-config(1)							Scripting Language						     php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules available --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 5.3.2. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2006 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2006 php-config(1)