Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers what the %s does percent sign-s mean? Post 302265813 by Lakris on Monday 8th of December 2008 03:18:02 PM
Old 12-08-2008
You're welcome!

/Lakris

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sign on/Sign off logging script

I'd like to make a script that I can execute every time I sign on to my linux box that keeps track of the time and allows to me to add a remark to a file. So basically once I log in, I run the script, and it outputs the date and time to a text file (log.txt). But that isn't my problem. I need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glider
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find percent between sum of 2 columns awk help

Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm a beginner when it comes to shell and awk programming. But I have the following problem: I have 5 csv files (data1.csv, data2.csv, etc.) and need to calculate the average between the total sum of the 1st and 7 column. csv example:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sapo51
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if percent % checking

hi everyone, # cat a a 10% b 25.5% c 91% d 50% # cat a | awk '$2 >= 90%; END {print $_}' awk: $2 > 90%; END {print $_} awk: ^ syntax error awk: each rule must have a pattern or an action part how to do only print when 2nd coln >= 90%. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

compare file percent sizes

I need to get a file size and compare it to a previous day file size. If it's larger or smaller by 50 percent I'll replace the new with the old. I know how to get the file sizes but do not know how to calculate if it's 50 percent difference. Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tivoli Tape Zero percent

Hii all, If i insert zero percent tape in tivoli. Then tivoli will write data on it. But zero percent tape has some files inside, its not a scratch tape. Because if we recover data then tivoli can ask for zero percent tape. But when tivoli will write data on a zero percent tape ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uusmankhalil
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total cpu usage in percent(%)

How to determine the total percentage cpu usage of a server having 4 cpu cores(quad core)? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Large Percent Problem

Hello everyone, I have two matrices at same sizes. I need to re-calculate the numbers in matrix A according to the percentages in martix B it is like matrix A is 10.00 20.00 30.00 40.00 60.00 70.00 80.00 90.00 20.00 30.00 80.00 50.00 martix B is 00.08 00.05 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miriammiriam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate percent using values in 2 files

Trying to use file1 which is the actual counts in $2 associated with each $1 entry. The total of each $1 is in file2 with the total in $3. So when there is a match between $1 in file1 with $1 in file2, then the % is calculated using the $2 value of file1 and $3 value of file2. Thank you :). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to auto restart java for 100 percent

I want the tomcat to restart when java goes 100% cpu utilize and remain on this , Get pid kill and start tomcat . top | grep java We can get pid and cpu utilize , But how can we do on run time. Please use code tags as required by forum rules! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
1 Replies
FS_LSMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_LSMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_lsmount - Reports the volume for which a directory is the mount point. SYNOPSIS
fs lsmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs ls -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs lsmount command reports the volume for which each specified directory is a mount point, or indicates with an error message that a directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS. To create a mount point, use the fs mkmount command. To remove one, use the fs rmmount command. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the directory that serves as a mount point for a volume. The last element in the pathname provided must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as one or two periods ("." or ".."). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If the specified directory is a mount point, the output is of the following form: '<directory>' is a mount point for volume '<volume name>' where o A number sign ("#") precedes the <volume name> string for a regular mount point. o A percent sign ("%") precedes the <volume name> string for a read/write mount point. o A cell name and colon (":") follow the number or percent sign and precede the <volume name> string for a cellular mount point. The fs mkmount reference page explains how the Cache Manager interprets each of the three types of mount points. If the directory is a symbolic link to a mount point, the output is of the form: '<directory>' is a symbolic link, leading to a mount point for volume '<volume name>' If the directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS, the output reads: '<directory>' is not a mount point. If the output is garbled, it is possible that the mount point has become corrupted in the local AFS client cache. Use the fs flushmount command to discard it, which forces the Cache Manager to refetch the mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the mount point for the home directory of user "smith": % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com/usr/smith '/afs/abc.com/usr/smith' is a mount point for volume '#user.smith' The following example shows both the regular and read/write mount points for the ABC Corporation cell's "root.cell" volume. % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com '/afs/abc.com' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell' % fs lsmount /afs/.abc.com '/afs/.abc.com' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell' The following example shows a cellular mount point: the State University cell's "root.cell" volume as mounted in the ABC Corporation cell's tree. % fs lsmount /afs/stateu.edu '/afs/stateu.edu' is a mount point for volume '#stateu.edu:root.cell' PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -dir argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flushmount(1), fs_mkmount(1), fs_rmmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LSMOUNT(1)