Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Should my new netbook have linux or XP? Post 302265791 by reborg on Monday 8th of December 2008 02:26:04 PM
Old 12-08-2008
Note to all posters, be careful here. This thread is very close to being a rule violation so keep your answers on point or they will be deleted.

Despite that this is a Unix forums I am going to say that Windows XP is a better option. Power control works a lot better in windows and so you will get better life from your battery. Also Microsoft office is the de-facto standard for word processing and spreadsheets so you will probably interoperate better with most people in office formats.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Problem With Internet Under Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex Netbook Remix

Hello, I have an Eee PC 904D that i use for development, because it's tiny and little, but i have a PC too. But in my Eee PC that i have Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex with the Netbook Remix, when i want to use the ethernet cable for thhe internet i connect it and tryes to connect, but in aproximatly 10... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanpc
7 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Intel Offers Developer Kit For Future Atom Processor Netbook Apps

Just wanted to let you know that Intel's published the beta SDK for the Intel Atom Developer Program. That means you can now submit your Windows or Moblin apps for netbooks so you're ready to make money when the OEM stores go live next year. There are some big prizes (holiday, car) on offer for the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Becky_Moblin
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install linux on a netbook with no cd-rom?

I just posted but thought it would be more interesting to try to figure out how to install a linux distro on a comp with no cd-rom i know about virtual drives and all that but to get a program free via download or torrent how and do you need a virtual drive and a virtual burner to mount the ISO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BizilStank
1 Replies
BLTK.CONF(5)						Battery life tool kit configuration					      BLTK.CONF(5)

NAME
bltk.conf - config file for bltk DESCRIPTION
bltk.conf may be used to control particular features of bltk. By default, bltk looks for the file in /etc direcotry. FORMAT
The format of bltk.conf is very simple. Each line is either a comment or a directive. Comment lines start with a # and are ignored. A directive line has the format: option=value It is important to note that it is an error to put any space between the option, = and value. Each setting has a compiled in default which may be modified in the configuration file. .BOOLEAN OPTIONS Below is a list of boolean options. The value for a boolean option may be set to YES or NO. CHK_INSTALLED If set to YES, existance of .installed files is checked for. WL_DEVELOPER_ENABLED Controls whether developer workload is enabled. WL_DEVELOPER_EXTERN Controls whether external sources are used to build workload application. WL_GAME_ENABLED Controls whether game workload is enabled. WL_GAME_EXTERN Controls whether external sources are used to build workload application. WL_OFFICE_ENABLED Controls whether office workload is enabled. WL_OFFICE_EXTERN Controls whether external sources are used to build workload application. WL_PLAYER_ENABLED Controls whether player workload is enabled WL_PLAYER_EXTERN Controls whether external sources are used to build workload application. WL_READER_ENABLED Controls whether reader workload is enabled. WL_READER_EXTERN Controls whether external sources are used to build workload application. .STRING OPTIONS BLTK_HOME This option specifies the location of BLTK's home directory. This directory is used as starting directory for saving results and temporary files. SOFFICE_PROG This option specifies an application to be started when office workload is used. WL_OFFICE_WORKING_DIR The option specifies working directory for office workload. BLTK_PLAYER_PROG The option replaces default aplication to be used for playing audio/video BLTK_PLAYER_FILE The option replaces default source to be played. BLTK_READER_PROG The option replaces default aplication to be used for reading a document. BLTK_READER_FILE The option replaces default document to be read. SEE ALSO
bltk(1) AUTHOR
jskala@redhat.com BLTK.CONF 15 July 2009 BLTK.CONF(5)