Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: process status
Top Forums Programming process status Post 302265747 by shamrock on Monday 8th of December 2008 11:21:09 AM
Old 12-08-2008
AFAIK there's no standardized interface for getting that information as it is platform-specific. AIX uses the /proc filesystem while HPUX uses the pstat() system call interface.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Process status display

On AIX 5.2, I use "ps -ef " command to display the process status, the field of command looks like: , the detailed contents are: # ps -ef |grep rtesfmrt Display: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 The origianl format shoud be: osa 32455 1 0 18:20 - 1:57 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Getting status of a signal in process?

Hi all, How can a process be aware of the signals it handles. I looked at available signal API, but couldn't find any help. If a process defines it own handler for a signal, the default handler for that signal becomes overridden. I am interested in getting to know the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluehive
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List Process with their Status.

Hi all, How can I get the list of all the processes that are either Orphan or Zombie or Running or Ended or Stopped ? Please suggest !! Thanks. Varun:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Status of a Linux process

All, I have fair amount of knowledge about shell scripting, but only liitle on system administration. I would like to know how to analyze whether the particular linux process is alive or not ? If it is alive, will it affect the performace of other process ?. Also is it still consuming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check the process Status and do something

Hi we have weblogic deployed under Linux Enterprise 5 . Now i want to write a script that checks if weblogic is running or not I have found that weblogic uses Java as process . Can i do this way : my Script File : Echo Checking Status if then echo Server Running else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Pavanv
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check the process status

Hi, I have a cron job which runs every ten minutes, now i hav to check the process whether it is running or not only once and then this should be sent to a log file.. crontab : 00,10,20,30,40,50 * * * * a process check ps = 'ps -ef |grep a ' if then echo " Success" >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process status for NOHUP command

Hi, I have run a shell script as a background process using 'nohup' command. I want to see the process id of this, so that I will be able to kill it later on when required. I tried to collect these details using 'ps' command and could not view this information. How do we get this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to exit status of a piped process ???

Hi, I've searched the related threads both in this forum and others in google and found the solution to be working too in most of the places. But somehow it's not working for me. $cmd | tee -a $LOGFILE & pid=$! wait ${pid} ret=$? echo "$ret" I want the exit status of the $cmd.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwini.engr07
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I learn the status of a process

how can I learn the status of a process (sleeping, running or ready.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merturk
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Check status of process

Hi All, Have a query How to check for a process and if down start it , try if for 2 times and its not starting don't do it My code is working to some extent but while starting try starting both times. Please advise , whats wrong here ? if you have any other approach please do share. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
1 Replies
platform(n)						       Tcl Bundled Packages						       platform(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform ?1.0.4? platform::generic platform::identify platform::patterns identifier _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a machine running Tcl. Whilst Tcl provides the tcl_platform array for identifying the current architecture (in particular, the platform and machine elements) this is not always sufficient. This is because (on Unix machines) tcl_platform reflects the values returned by the uname command and these are not standardized across platforms and architectures. In addition, on at least one platform (AIX) the tcl_platform(machine) contains the CPU serial number. Consequently, individual applications need to manipulate the values in tcl_platform (along with the output of system specific utilities) - which is both inconvenient for developers, and introduces the potential for inconsistencies in identifying architectures and in naming con- ventions. The platform package prevents such fragmentation - i.e., it establishes a standard naming convention for architectures running Tcl and makes it more convenient for developers to identify the current architecture a Tcl program is running on. COMMANDS
platform::identify This command returns an identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. The returned identifier has the general for- mat OS-CPU. The OS part of the identifier may contain details like kernel version, libc version, etc., and this information may con- tain dashes as well. The CPU part will not contain dashes, making the preceding dash the last dash in the result. platform::generic This command returns a simplified identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. In contrast to platform::identify it leaves out details like kernel version, libc version, etc. The returned identifier has the general format OS-CPU. platform::patterns identifier This command takes an identifier as returned by platform::identify and returns a list of identifiers describing compatible architec- tures. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform 1.0.4 platform(n)