Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX System wide user thread limit. does that exists :? Post 302265611 by vbe on Monday 8th of December 2008 04:42:26 AM
Old 12-08-2008
Not really...
The params are max_thread_proc maxuprc and nkthread the limits are by using formulas and common variables to have interaction between them e.g. setting a number of max threads per process you can limit all users by playing with maxuprc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

links working system wide

I have created symbolic links to several frequently used commands, for example: "lt" is a link to "ls -ltrgo|tail". What can I do to make these links available system-wide, or at least in the directories my coworkers are in most of the time? I have copied the link to several directories, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System wide CDE setup

Does anyone know how to make system wide changes to the CDE's front panel icons? I dont know if it matters but im running Solaris 9. THanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meyersp
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FIND function - system wide

Hi, I have a task to search for a file called 'Xstartup' in the whole system because there might be different versions of it which overrite eachother. Can anyone suggest a smart command to run this search ? The machine needs to scan every single folder beginning from root. Please help, I am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit number of user accessing to SCO UNIX System

Hi, In my company, we are using SCO UNIX system and Informix database. Recently, there have been a lot of users accessing to server and sometimes it has made server run very slow. So, I intend to limit number of users of 30 only. Although I have tried to search on the Internet for several days,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trinhnguyen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

system wide password change

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and I was trying to write a script that would force a system wide password change except for admins. I am having some trouble and any help that someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to do it by using the UID as the marker for anyone... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilemark
6 Replies

6. Linux

System wide find and sort

Hi, I need to look for a config file (ldap.conf) and pick the latest modified file. `locate` tells me there are many ldap.conf's, some in /etc, /usr, /home, etc. Is there some way I can sort them by last modified time via bash? I was thinking maybe I could pipe the output of `locate` to `ls... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Housni
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Declaring LD_PRELOAD system wide for dynamic loading

Dear Fellows; As being new to linux, i have tried to synamically load a custom library which overrides some system calls like conncet(), socket() etc.... for custom purposes. It works well, if declaring the environment path LD_PRELOAD and execution of the application to be override... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzeeshan
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[GPG] System-wide public key?

We need to have many of our users all send encrypted files to a single FTP server. The problem, if I understand how encryption/decryption works (which I don't), is that each user would normally have their own private and public key. The other end needs to be able to decrypt the file(s) using a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Totengraber
6 Replies

9. Red Hat

Changing system-wide for umask

Hi everybody, How can I change the default UMASK for non root users, e.g. I want the umask for every new created user will be 0044. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

System-wide search

When looking for wherever a program or a filename appears in the system, a short scrip is "findinner" which another script calls with a long parameter list consisting of path names ending with ".sh" or ".menu". "findinner" looks like this: # If not .savenn file, show name and result of grep. #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
4 Replies
POSIX_GETRLIMIT(3)							 1							POSIX_GETRLIMIT(3)

posix_getrlimit - Return info about system resource limits

SYNOPSIS
array posix_getrlimit (void ) DESCRIPTION
posix_getrlimit(3) returns an array of information about the current resource's soft and hard limits. Each resource has an associated soft and hard limit. The soft limit is the value that the kernel enforces for the corresponding resource. The hard limit acts as a ceiling for the soft limit. An unprivileged process may only set its soft limit to a value from 0 to the hard limit, and irreversibly lower its hard limit. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of elements for each limit that is defined. Each limit has a soft and a hard limit. List of possible limits returned +-----------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Limit name | | | | | | | Limit description | | | | +-----------+---------------------------------------------------+ | core | | | | | | | The maximum size of the core file. When 0, not | | | core files are created. When core files are | | | larger than this size, they will be truncated at | | | this size. | | | | | totalmem | | | | | | | The maximum size of the memory of the process, | | | in bytes. | | | | |virtualmem | | | | | | | The maximum size of the virtual memory for the | | | process, in bytes. | | | | | data | | | | | | | The maximum size of the data segment for the | | | process, in bytes. | | | | | stack | | | | | | | The maximum size of the process stack, in bytes. | | | | | rss | | | | | | | The maximum number of virtual pages resident in | | | RAM | | | | | maxproc | | | | | | | The maximum number of processes that can be cre- | | | ated for the real user ID of the calling process. | | | | | memlock | | | | | | | The maximum number of bytes of memory that may | | | be locked into RAM. | | | | | cpu | | | | | | | The amount of time the process is allowed to use | | | the CPU. | | | | | filesize | | | | | | | The maximum size of the data segment for the | | | process, in bytes. | | | | |openfiles | | | | | | | One more than the maximum number of open file | | | descriptors. | | | | +-----------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Example use of posix_getrlimit(3) <?php $limits = posix_getrlimit(); print_r($limits); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [soft core] => 0 [hard core] => unlimited [soft data] => unlimited [hard data] => unlimited [soft stack] => 8388608 [hard stack] => unlimited [soft totalmem] => unlimited [hard totalmem] => unlimited [soft rss] => unlimited [hard rss] => unlimited [soft maxproc] => unlimited [hard maxproc] => unlimited [soft memlock] => unlimited [hard memlock] => unlimited [soft cpu] => unlimited [hard cpu] => unlimited [soft filesize] => unlimited [hard filesize] => unlimited [soft openfiles] => 1024 [hard openfiles] => 1024 ) NOTES
Note This is a not POSIX function, but is common on BSD and System V systems. If the system does not support this function, then it will not be included at compile time. This may be checked with function_exists(3). SEE ALSO
man page GETRLIMIT(2). PHP Documentation Group POSIX_GETRLIMIT(3)