Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: error in insert statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error in insert statement Post 302265580 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Monday 8th of December 2008 02:19:40 AM
Old 12-08-2008
try this

Code:
ERROR_CD=$1
PARAM_PASSED=$#
CUR_YEAR=`date | awk '{print$6}'`
CUR_MONTH=`date +%m`
CUR_DAY=`date +%d`
CUR_TIME=`date | awk '{print$4}' | sed -e 's/:/./g'`
TODAY_DATE=`echo $CUR_YEAR-$CUR_MONTH-$CUR_DAY-$CUR_TIME.00`
if [ $PARAM_PASSED = 1 ]; then
if [ $ERROR_CD = 01 ]; then
db2 connect to databasename user <username> using <password>
db2 "insert into <tablename> (col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col6) values('$TODAY_DATE','$ERROR_CD','Val1','Val2','VAl3','Val4');"
terminate
elif [ $ERROR_CD = 02 ]; then
db2 "insert into <tablename> (col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col6) values('$TODAY_DATE','$ERROR_CD','Val1','Val2','VAl3','Val4');"
terminate
elif [ $ERROR_CD = 03 ]; then
terminate
fi
else
exit
fi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for INSERT statement

Hi, I sometimes bulk upload data in oracle. The problem is that I sometimes get an INSERT statemnt like this: INSERT INTO ALL_USER_HOTSPOT_DETAILS (USR_LOGIN,USR_LASTNAME,USR_FIRSTNAME,USR_EMAIL, PROPERTYNR) VALUES ('SABRDAG','D'AGOS','SABRINA','sabrina_d'agos@sheraton.com',70) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert TAB in echo statement

Hi, Can some1 help me to output a tab in an echo statement. I have tried echo "RNC: \t NODEB" but dont get the correct output. I am a beginnger to unix, so pls hold back the laughs....if u can (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunils27
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not execute Insert Statement

Hi I have a text file , contents are Line1:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line2:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line3:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 ....and so on... I want to read this file and insert the data into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

5. Programming

Dynamic Insert statement

I have a form , where i will put the values to a table. I wrote a insert statement for the same. Table structure is ename | character varying(30) | eadd | character varying(30) | eid | integer | sal | integer In the statements, i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

6. Programming

Assign variable for INSERT INTO statement

Hello, Can anyone tell me that, How can I assign variable to shell script variable, which i need to use in INSERT INTO statement? my shell script variables are, EMPNAME=`regular expression` EMPID=`regular expression` EMPBDATE=`regular expression` Now through ksh script I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert numbers to a in between statement

Hi Guys, I want to create a shell script that will give me the output below. I want to insert the numbers from the input file to my url addresses below. And from the numbers below, I want to separate the last digit with a period (i.e. from 222222222222 to 22222222222.2). Appreciate any help.... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert date in a statement?

Hi Guys, Can somebody help me in inserting today's DATE format (20110709) in my awk statement. I have a script but its not working. inputfile.txt: 269,1,0,AAA,430 231,2,0,BBB,430 252,3,0,CCC,430 214,4,0,DDD,430 script.sh #!/bin/bash DATE="`date +%Y%m%d`" cd /var/opt/ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quotes insert statement using awk

Hi, Need help, using awk command to insert statement awk -v q="'" '{ print "db2 connect to repolab > /dev/null; " "\n" "db2 -x \" select name from IBMPDQ.PROFILE where managed_database = " q $1"_"$3"__0" q "\"" } ' profile.txt | sh - | awk -v i="'" ' { print "db2 connect to repolab >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mathew_paul
1 Replies
Ace::Sequence::Multi(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Ace::Sequence::Multi(3pm)

NAME
Ace::Sequence::Multi - Combine Feature Tables from Multiple Databases SYNOPSIS
use Ace::Sequence::Multi; # open reference database $ref = Ace->connect(-host=>'stein.cshl.org',-port=>200009); # open some secondary databases $db1 = Ace->connect(-host=>'stein.cshl.org',-port=>200010); $db2 = Ace->connect(-path=>'/usr/local/acedb/mydata'); # Make an Ace::Sequence::Multi object $seq = Ace::Sequence::Multi->new(-name => 'CHROMOSOME_I, -db => $ref, -offset => 3_000_000, -length => 1_000_000); # add the secondary databases $seq->add_secondary($db1,$db2); # get all the homologies (a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objs) @homol = $seq->features('Similarity'); # Get information about the first one -- goes to the correct db $feature = $homol[0]; $type = $feature->type; $subtype = $feature->subtype; $start = $feature->start; $end = $feature->end; $score = $feature->score; # Follow the target $target = $feature->info; # print the target's start and end positions print $target->start,'-',$target->end, " "; DESCRIPTION
Ace::Sequence::Multi transparently combines information stored about a sequence in a reference database with features tables from any number of annotation databases. The resulting object can be used just like an Ace::Sequence object, except that the features remember their database of origin and go back to that database for information. This class will only work properly if the reference database and all annotation databases share the same cosmid map. OBJECT CREATION
You will use the new() method to create new Ace::Sequence::Multi objects. The arguments are identical to the those in the Ace::Sequence parent class, with the addition of an option -secondary argument, which points to one or more secondary databases from which to fetch annotation information. -source The sequence source. This must be an Ace::Object of the "Sequence" class, or be a sequence-like object containing the SMap tag (see below). -offset An offset from the beginning of the source sequence. The retrieved Ace::Sequence will begin at this position. The offset can be any positive or negative integer. Offets are 0-based. -length The length of the sequence to return. Either a positive or negative integer can be specified. If a negative length is given, the returned sequence will be complemented relative to the source sequence. -refseq The sequence to use to establish the coordinate system for the returned sequence. Normally the source sequence is used to establish the coordinate system, but this can be used to override that choice. You can provide either an Ace::Object or just a sequence name for this argument. The source and reference sequences must share a common ancestor, but do not have to be directly related. An attempt to use a disjunct reference sequence, such as one on a different chromosome, will fail. -name As an alternative to using an Ace::Object with the -source argument, you may specify a source sequence using -name and -db. The Ace::Sequence module will use the provided database accessor to fetch a Sequence object with the specified name. new() will return undef is no Sequence by this name is known. -db This argument is required if the source sequence is specified by name rather than by object reference. It must be a previously opened handle to the reference database. -secondary This argument points to one or more previously-opened annotation databases. You may use a scalar if there is only one annotation database. Otherwise, use an array reference. You may add and delete annotation databases after the object is created by using the add_secondary() and delete_secondary() methods. If new() is successful, it will create an Ace::Sequence::Multi object and return it. Otherwise it will return undef and return a descriptive message in Ace->error(). Certain programming errors, such as a failure to provide required arguments, cause a fatal error. OBJECT METHODS
Most methods are inherited from Ace::Sequence. The following additional methods are supported: secondary() @databases = $seq->secondary; Return a list of the secondary databases currently in use, or an empty list if none. add_secondary() $seq->add_secondary($db1,$db2,...) Add one or more secondary databases to the list of annotation databases. Duplicate databases will be silently ignored. delete_secondary() $seq->delete_secondary($db1,$db2,...) Delete one or more secondary databases from the list of annotation databases. Databases not already in use will be silently ignored. SEE ALSO
Ace, Ace::Object, Ace::Sequence,Ace::Sequence::Homol, Ace::Sequence::FeatureList, Ace::Sequence::Feature, GFF AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@w3.org> with extensive help from Jean Thierry-Mieg <mieg@kaa.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr> Copyright (c) 1999, Lincoln D. Stein This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2001-04-07 Ace::Sequence::Multi(3pm)