Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Where is ip_finish_output in 2.6.23 kernel Post 302265571 by esther.david6 on Monday 8th of December 2008 01:48:49 AM
Old 12-08-2008
MySQL RE : Where is ip_finish_output in 2.6.23 kernel

In which language(program) you are using kernel?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

kernel 2.6.18

Again same issue with new kernel 2.6.18.1 root@world # iptables -L modprobe: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented modprobe: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented modprobe: Can't locate module ip_tables iptables v1.2.8: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant_ohol
10 Replies

2. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

3. Programming

kernel-kernel call communication

hi all! i have developed a mechanism in system.c to count how many times each kernel call is called. The results are held in an array in system.c . What i want to do is to create a new kernel call which will print this array. I need help in passing the array from system.c to the new kernel call. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aureliano
5 Replies

4. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

5. AIX

How to convert a partition usin 64 bits kernel to 32 bits kernel?

Hello there: I know that exist a procedure to convert an OS using 32bits kernel to 64 bits kernel. But, exist a procedure to convert an OS using 64bits to 32 bits kernel? Please help me. Regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEIER
2 Replies

6. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

How does the kernel know where is /etc/ ?

If I create some hard disk partitions: /boot, /, /usr, /tmp ... , of cause the kernel is in the /boot partition, /etc/fstab is in the / partition not in /boot partition, when the system boot, how does the kernel know where is the / partition? Or I create a separated partition: /etc, can the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: haixiao_liu
7 Replies

9. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
IPFW(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   IPFW(4)

NAME
ipfw -- IP packet filter and traffic accounting SYNOPSIS
To compile ipfw into the kernel, place the following option in the kernel configuration file: options IPFIREWALL Other kernel options related to ipfw which may also be useful are: options IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT options IPFIREWALL_FORWARD options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100 To load ipfw as a module at boot time, add the following line into the loader.conf(5) file: ipfw_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ipfw system facility allows filtering, redirecting, and other operations on IP packets travelling through network interfaces. The default behavior of ipfw is to block all incoming and outgoing traffic. This behavior can be modified, to allow all traffic through the ipfw firewall by default, by enabling the IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT kernel option. This option may be useful when configuring ipfw for the first time. If the default ipfw behavior is to allow everything, it is easier to cope with firewall-tuning mistakes which may acciden- tally block all traffic. To enable logging of packets passing through ipfw, enable the IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE kernel option. The IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT option will prevent syslogd(8) from flooding system logs or causing local Denial of Service. This option may be set to the number of packets which will be logged on a per-entry basis before the entry is rate-limited. Policy routing and transparent forwarding features of ipfw can be enabled by IPFIREWALL_FORWARD kernel option. The user interface for ipfw is implemented by the ipfw(8) utility, so please refer to the ipfw(8) manpage for a complete description of the ipfw capabilities and how to use it. SEE ALSO
setsockopt(2), divert(4), ip(4), ipfw(8), sysctl(8), syslogd(8), pfil(9) BSD
September 1, 2006 BSD