Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: metareplace error
Operating Systems Solaris metareplace error Post 302265526 by cromohawk on Sunday 7th of December 2008 09:25:15 PM
Old 12-07-2008
yes,the disk is partioned..d5 is a submirror...
these are my extra findings...

these are the disks that giving this error

: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0
: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3
: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5

root@myhost> dmesg|grep -i c1t0d0s3
Dec 5 08:45:14 myhost md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d13: read error on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3
Dec 5 08:45:24 myhost md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d13: read error on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3
Dec 5 08:45:24 myhost md_mirror: [ID 104909 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d13: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 needs maintenance
==================================================================================================== =============
root@myhost> dmesg|grep -i c1t0d0s5
Dec 5 08:44:17 myhost md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d15: read error on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5
Dec 5 08:44:27 myhost md_stripe: [ID 641072 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d15: read error on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5
Dec 5 08:44:27 myhost md_mirror: [ID 104909 kern.warning] WARNING: md: d15: /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s5 needs maintenance

root@myhost> iostat -en
---- errors ---
s/w h/w trn tot
0 0 0 0 d0
0 0 0 0 d1
0 0 0 0 d3
0 0 0 0 d5
0 0 0 0 d6
0 0 0 0 d10
0 0 0 0 d11
0 0 0 0 d13
0 0 0 0 d15
0 0 0 0 d16
0 0 0 0 d20
0 0 0 0 d21
0 0 0 0 d23
0 0 0 0 d25
0 0 0 0 d26
0 2 0 2 c0t0d0
2093 4133 1611 7837 c1t0d0

Dec 5 08:44:18 myhost scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1):
Dec 5 08:44:18 myhost scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Requested Block: 77837824 Error Block: 77837824
Dec 5 08:44:18 myhost scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Vendor: FUJITSU Serial Number: 0514B02URJ
Dec 5 08:44:18 myhost scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] Sense Key: Media Error
Dec 5 08:44:18 myhost scsi: [ID 107833 kern.notice] ASC: 0x11 (<vendor unique code 0x11>), ASCQ: 0x1, FRU: 0x0

is there any other ways to confirm disk errors...my format command output shows all disks are available.could this mean a minor disk problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VSI-FAX error - Cannot login to server and Connecto error to host

I encounters a VSIFAX related error: vfxstat: Cannot login to server on rsac3: Connect error to host 172.16.1.45: Invalid argument It started happening last night with a core dump. Then we can't start VSIFAX again. I am runing VSI-FAX 4.2 on AIX box (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: b_jin
0 Replies

4. AIX

nim mksysb error :/usr/bin/savevg[33]: 1016,07: syntax error

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, help me please. I am trying to create a mksysb bakup using nim. I am geting this error, how to correct it ? : Command : failed stdout: yes stderr: no... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
9 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

What should I do with this metastat result? metareplace everything?

I have to rescue the volumes in a soloris 7 machine. The metastat returns the following result: d6 is dying with iostat -nE returns Harderror 3, Transports error 9 Can some offer me some help? Thank you very much. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickychung
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Urgent- metareplace -e write errors

I have a disk in maintanance status . I executed metareplace -e partition device . It resynced upto 5 % and then stopped . In the /var/adm/messages it showed the write error . My question is if I analyse and repair the disk in format command , will my write error go . I dont have 0 hard and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
6 Replies

7. Solaris

DiskSuite State Unavailable After metareplace

Hello, After replacing a JBOD disk that died, the metareplace was ran, the device went into enable/sync'ing state and then when the sync completed, the state changed to unavailable. metadb shows the replica db looking good on the new disk. format shows the disk online and looking good. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfransix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies
metaroot(1M)															      metaroot(1M)

NAME
metaroot - setup system files for root (/) metadevice SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaroot -h /usr/sbin/metaroot [-n] [-k system-name] [-v vfstab-name] [-c mddb.cf-name] [-m md.conf-name] [-R root-path] device The metaroot command edits the /etc/vfstab and /etc/system files so that the system may be booted with the root file system (/) on an appropriate metadevice. The only metadevices that support the root file system are a stripe with only a single slice or a mirror on a sin- gle-slice stripe. If necessary, the metaroot command can reset a system that has been configured to boot the root file system (/) on a metadevice so that it uses a physical slice. Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. The following options are supported: -c mddb.cf-name Use mddb.cf-name instead of the default /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file as a source of metadevice database locations. -h Display a usage message. -k system-name Edit a user-supplied system-name instead of the default /etc/system system configuration information file. -m md.conf-name Edit the configuration file specified by md.conf-name rather than the default, /kernel/drv/md.conf. -n Print what would be done without actually doing it. -R root-path When metaroot modifies system files, it accesses them in their relative location under root-path. The -R option cannot be used in combination with the -c, -k,-m, or -v options. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -v vfstab-name Edit vfstab-name instead of the default /etc/vfstab table of file system defaults. The following operands are supported: device Specifies either the metadevice or the conventional disk device (slice) used for the root file system (/). Example 1: Specifying Root File System on Metadevice The following command edits /etc/system and /etc/vfstab to specify that the root file system is now on metadevice d0. # metaroot d0 Example 2: Specifying Root File System on SCSI Disk The following command edits /etc/system and /etc/vfstab to specify that the root file system is now on the SCSI disk device /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0. # metaroot /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 /etc/system System configuration information file. See system(4). /etc/vfstab File system defaults. /etc/lvm/mddb.cf Metadevice state database locations. /kernel/drv/md.conf Configuration file for the metadevice driver, md. The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) 6 Apr 2005 metaroot(1M)