Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need complex script, anyone up for a challenge? Post 302265451 by ///NNM on Sunday 7th of December 2008 04:12:09 PM
Old 12-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by otheus
Hrm, seems you need the following tip:
Code:
cat <<EOF | while read X; do echo SCRIPT2 $X ANYTHING
EOF

As far as your complex SCRIPT2 processing, you could simplify it with something like this:
Code:
SCRIPT1 $1 | awk '/'"$1"'/ && /SOMETHING/ && !/NULL/' | sed -e 's/.*(//; s/\..*$//;' |
while read X; do 
  SCRIPT2 .$X
done

But I'm not sure if I correctly understand the problem.

this did not work, i guess i should have explained better, i have created different thread due to lengthy explanation and statement of the issue.

https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...b-scripts.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex find in script

How to I put my find command string into a script. It is currently to long to be entered manually at command line. for FNAME in `find /unixsxxx/interface/x.x/xxxxxx -type f \( -name '*.KSH' -o -name '*.sh' -o -name '*.sql' -o -name '*.ksh' \) -exec grep -il xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx {} \;`; do C=`grep -c... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TimHortons
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script for this challenge problem

two tabulate files (A, B), each contents thousands and thousands lines with ids. first find out contents with common ids in both A, B and print out into a file; second find out contents with ids which only exist in file A and print out into a file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssshen
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex coloring in script

My script prints lines in which the entire line may be colored, and portions may also be colored. e.g. Consider this to be one line: $red some text in red $yellow abcd $end_yellow red text 1234 $blue some text $end_blue more red text $end_red So using sed, I may based on condition 1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Script

hey... i had a big problem with my professor i have 3 simple archives in.txt -> had all timestamps of users logon (100lines) ex. 111111 222222 333333 out.txt -> had all timestamps of users logof (100lines) ex. 111113 222225 333332 commands.txt... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beandj
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu for end user - difficult challenge

Hello, I need to make shell script menu for my end users. There is like 100 scripts in system, and they need to run that scripts true one main script with user friendly menu. Example, when user will run main menu script, it will get something like this on his screen:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waso
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script (complex)

picked this up from another thread. echo 1st_file.csv; nawk -F, 'NR==FNR{a++;next} a{b++} END{for(i in b){if(b-1&&a!=b){print i";\t\t"b}else{print "NEW:"i";\t\t"b} } }' OFS=, 1st_file.csv *.csv | sort -r i need to use the above but with a slight modification.. 1.compare against 3 month... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashbash
25 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script menu for end user - difficult challenge 2

Hello, I need to make shell script menu for my end users. There is like 100 scripts in system, and they need to run that scripts true one main script with user friendly menu. Example, when user will run main menu script, it will get something like this on his screen:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waso
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex transpose awk script

Hello to all in forum, Maybe an awk expert could help me with this complex task for me. I have the input shown below and I would like to get the output as follow: - I would like the output separated by commas. - The header is fixed and will be the same always. - For the lines containing... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
22 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Complex Bash Script

I have an FTP server with thousands of Invoices. All Invoices are in a folder called /volume1/MBSInvoices/ Monthly invoices are added to that folder every month. Here is a sample filename of the Invoices: invoice_1_20170101_10010052_10020052_10030052_JOHNDOE.pdf the Account ID is the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: badr777
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenge with sh script using environment variables to check for file.

Hi All Thanks for reviewing my question. I have a sh script where I used an environmental variable for the directory for the file I need to check to ensure before executing a process. I have confirmed the permissions and I can find the file if I use a hard coding of the directory. This is a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rstojkovic68
5 Replies
phones(4)							   File Formats 							 phones(4)

NAME
phones - remote host phone number database SYNOPSIS
/etc/phones DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/phones contains the system-wide private phone numbers for the tip(1) program. /etc/phones is normally unreadable, and so may contain privileged information. The format of /etc/phones is a series of lines of the form: <system-name>[ ]*<phone-number>. The system name is one of those defined in the remote(4) file and the phone number is constructed from [0123456789-=*%]. The `=' and `*' characters are indicators to the auto call units to pause and wait for a second dial tone (when going through an exchange). The `=' is required by the DF02-AC and the `*' is required by the BIZCOMP 1030. Comment lines are lines containing a `#' sign in the first column of the line. Only one phone number per line is permitted. However, if more than one line in the file contains the same system name tip(1) will attempt to dial each one in turn, until it establishes a connection. FILES
/etc/phones SEE ALSO
tip(1), remote(4) SunOS 5.10 14 Jan 1992 phones(4)