Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH sessions from bash script Post 302265435 by tsurko on Sunday 7th of December 2008 12:02:59 PM
Old 12-07-2008
Yes, you are right. Your variant is better! I'll edit my post.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ssh login-

hi. I need a bash script which can login to an other mashin via SSH and then run some commands and then return the result to my mashine. I dont know where to begin, I think first I will need a ssh connection, dont know how to make it, then , do I need a ftp connection between the 2 mashins to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_pil
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash ssh login script

hello anyone have done ssh login script without "expect" (automatic login from host A / user b to Host B / user b without enter any passwords)? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: modcan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to monitor SSH sessions

Hi All Is it possible to log and monitor user activities in a SSH session. Is there any configuration or a patch to apply ?. Im currently using OpenSSH with AIX 5.3L and my syslog.conf includes auth.* /var/log/sshd/auth.log and in sshd_config it shows SysLogFacility AUTH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anuradhai4i
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH sessions from bash script

Hi Forum. First of all thanks for reading. I need some help here. I have been checking some other posts about this issue, but I still have problems... I'm trying to conect througn ssh to several machines to kill some process and I have problems with the " ' ' ". This is what I'm trying... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtangil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh to run bash script

I want to use ssh to start a bash script that I have uploaded to a webhost. How do I do that from linux? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on an ssh bash script...

Hey Guys, I want to have a bash script on my computer (Mac OS X 10.6.8) that can ssh into my iPod and respring. I know how do this by typing in "ssh root@10.0.1.10" and then typing in the password "alpine". From there i simply type "respring". I want to possibly put this into a shell script so it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetstream131
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Using SSH in bash script

Hello, I am writing a script that has to log in to X number of servers over a full C class range. I am only keyed on a certain number of these servers and this can change from time to time. The part of my script that deals with this is for i in $(cat $server_list); do ssh ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

multiple ssh sessions

Hi, I use OpenSSH to log on to a RH server but when I enter the password 2 session windows appear. I only need one so can anyone advise where I can rectify this? R, D. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find number of ACTIVE SSH putty sessions, excluding where the user hopped on to a diff server

Hi - If iam logged on to server A, on 4 putty windows using SSH ... and out of these 4 logged-in sessions, in one of the sessions if i did SSH from server A to server B; i would now have 4 putty windows sessions ... of which 3 are actively logged on to Server A while 1 putty window is actively... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i4ismail
2 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)