Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed/awk help to match list of patterns and remove from org file Post 302265373 by Christoph Spohr on Sunday 7th of December 2008 01:56:38 AM
Old 12-07-2008
Please respect the forum rules: No double or cross-posting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing file lines that each match to a different patterns

I have a very large file (10,000,000 lines), that contains a sample id and a property of that sample. I have another file that contains around 1,000,000 lines with sample ids that I want to remove from the original file (create a new file without these lines). I know how to do this in Perl, but it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jo_puzzled
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve lines that match any occurence in a list of patterns

I have two files. The first containing a header and six columns of data. Example file 1: Number SNP ID dbSNP RS ID Chromosome Result_Call Physical Position 787066 SNP_A-8575395 RS6650104 1 NOCALL 564477 786872 SNP_A-8575125 RS10458597 1 AA ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Selftaught
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-sed help : to remove first and last line with pattern match:

awk , sed Experts, I want to remove first and last line after pattern match "vg" : I am trying : # sed '1d;$d' works fine , but where the last line is not having vg entry it is deleting one line of data. - So it should check for the pattern vg if present , then it should delete the line ,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the first match only in a file using sed

I'm trying to remove the first match only of 2Z694 from an xml file and replace with a blank File Example: </Phoenix_Response_Data> <Bundle_Name_Primary>2Z694</Bundle_Name_Primary> <Bundle_Name>2Z694</Bundle_Name> </Phoenix_Response_Data> tried using: sed -e 's/'2Z694'/''/1' but this... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match patterns from another file and tag

Hi all, I have a file , which has 6 tab delimited fields, with $3 and $4 subfielded with spaces. I wamt to match cols $2,$3,$4 of tmp1 with tmp2, ..and then flag the 5th col if found. tmp1 1756 Xerm XermA XermB XermC XermD AA TT AA GG A 1 1763 Xerm XermA XermB XermC... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match multiple patterns sequentially in order - grep or awk

Hello. grep v2.21 Debian 8 I wish to search for and output these patterns in order; "From " "To: " "Subject: " "Message-Id: " "Date: " "To: " grep works, but not in strict order... $ grep -a -E "^From |^Subject:|^From: |^Message-Id: |^Date: |^To: " InboxResult; From - Wed Feb 18... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSommers
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to remove lines from file that match text

I am trying to remove each line in which $2 is FP or RFP. I believe the below will remove one instance but not both. Thank you :). file 12 123 FP 11 10 RFP awk awk -F'\t' ' $2 != "FP"' file desired output 12 11 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pattern match by looping through search patterns

Hi I am using Solaris 5.10 & ksh Wanted to loop through a pattern file by reading it and passing it to the awk to match that value present in column 1 of rawdata.txt , if so print column 1 & 2 in to Avlblpatterns.txt. Using the following code but it seems some mistakes and it is running for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
KITSEND(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)