Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Menus in Korn Shell and invalid selections Post 302265265 by Mudja on Saturday 6th of December 2008 07:20:21 AM
Old 12-06-2008
After testing the above code i found it did not work. I am still struggling to solve how I could make the one menu's options and case arguments dependent on the user response to a previous one

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert from korn shell to normal shell with this code?

well i have this code here..and it works fine in kornshell.. #!/bin/ksh home=c:/..../ input=$1 sed '1,3d' $input > $1.out line="" cat $1.out | while read a do line="$line $a" done echo $line > $1 rm $1.out however...now i want it just in normal sh mode..how to convert this?... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
21 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Menus - Rejecting invalid input (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm currently writing a shell script menu which is dynamically populated from an array. Have a question to ask about the filtering of invalid input. I'm using KSH. A brief description of my algorithm is as follows: 1) Read in input from user and store in a variable. (a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

menu selections

I am trying to find a way to allow users to select multiple options in a shell menu. I am using case and it gives menu options 1-9, how can I set this up so that it give the user the ability to choose more then one option, ie 1,2 or 3,4,5, etc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lwif
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell menus And Oracle

Dear All, Kindly suggest on how should i proceed with the following requirement I need to develop an interactive shell script menu which would enable the user to inquire the value of a column based on a key value . The output can be more records.. Also is it possible to do the following 1)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

01.30 Invalid shell error

Hi, I am getting the error 01.30 Invalid shell error I am running the bash shell script in the korn login shell. I have mentioned the #!/bin/bash statement in the my script but not sure why it is giving this error to me.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to activate Korn Shell functionnalities in Bourne Shell

Hi All I have writing a Korn Shell script to execute it on many of our servers. But some servers don't have Korn Shell installed, they use Borne Shell. Some operations like calculation don't work : cat ${file1} | tail -$((${num1}-${num2})) > ${file2} Is it possible to activate Korn Shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Detect Invalid Data by C shell

Dear all, I'd be so grateful if I could get great feedback again for my problems. We usually spool some text files from our system in csv format. Unfortunately, some data contains ',' (comma) and it's rare case but when it comes to spool, that row included comma should be invalid data, due... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elph
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invalid option errors running shell script

The script below fails with the following error messages: gzip: invalid option -- 'w' Try `gzip --help' for more information. mysqldump: Got errno 32 on write cp: invalid option -- 'w' Try `cp --help' for more information. rm: invalid option -- 'w' Try `rm --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANNACTION
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Problem - Invalid Back Reference

Here is the question... Create a new script, sub2, taking three parameters... 1.) the string to be replaced 2.) the string with which to replace it 3.) the name of the file in which to make the substitution ...that treats the string to be replaced as plain text instead of as a regular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnhisenburg
1 Replies
menu_opts(3X)															     menu_opts(3X)

NAME
menu_opts - set and get menu options SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_menu_opts(MENU *menu, Menu_Options opts); int menu_opts_on(MENU *menu, Menu_Options opts); int menu_opts_off(MENU *menu, Menu_Options opts); Menu_Options menu_opts(const MENU *menu); DESCRIPTION
The function set_menu_opts sets all the given menu's option bits (menu option bits may be logically-OR'ed together). The function menu_opts_on turns on the given option bits, and leaves others alone. The function menu_opts_off turns off the given option bits, and leaves others alone. The function menu_opts returns the menu's current option bits. The following options are defined (all are on by default): O_ONEVALUE Only one item can be selected for this menu. O_SHOWDESC Display the item descriptions when the menu is posted. O_ROWMAJOR Display the menu in row-major order. O_IGNORECASE Ignore the case when pattern-matching. O_SHOWMATCH Move the cursor to within the item name while pattern-matching. O_NONCYCLIC Don't wrap around next-item and previous-item, requests to the other end of the menu. RETURN VALUE
Except for menu_opts, each routine returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_POSTED The menu is already posted. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. menu_opts(3X)