Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting command output and putting into newfile Post 302265168 by ddreggors on Friday 5th of December 2008 07:46:50 PM
Old 12-05-2008
Is "/omp/bin/TICLI" a compiled application? Does it call a compiled application? What you may be running into is that the code inside the compiled application is told to output MORE info to a log than what it does on the command line. If that is the case you may be unable to change this without editing the source code to that application and re-compiling.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare 2 file to newfile......

Hi all Member i want compare 2 file to newfile I am new to shell script, just wanted you guy to help. example file A CM-00000BN_Oth-VAS-0000392 CM-00000BNSEED_Oth-Spe-0000392 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000806 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000810 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000812 CM-00000KJ_Pos-Pro-0000814... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command display output on console and simultaneously save the command and its output

Hi folks, Please advise which command/command line shall I run; 1) to display the command and its output on console 2) simultaneous to save the command and its output on a file I tried tee command as follows; $ ps aux | grep mysql | tee /path/to/output.txt It displayed the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed *.csv from file > newfile with /n

I have a an output file with a format: something blah1.csv blah2.csv blah3.csv somethingelse and I'm trying to use sed to pull all the *.csv entries out and put them 1 per line on a new file. I can't quite figure out how to write them to a new file with carriage returns, is there a simple way... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting echo output as input to stat

I have a string with escape differentiators as a result of searching for a file using find. Essentially find returned to my shell variable several absolute paths each ending with the file name and each path/file separated by \n. Echo recognizes the escape sequence and is able to print the paths... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting the Current -date in the Output File

Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I make a script that will perform like this. 1. Execute the command 2. Then the output of the command will be redirected to a file 2. The file that has been created will have a date on it equivalent to the date and time it was created (or maybe after the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help putting output on one line

Good afternoon, I have been searching the web, and these forums for help. I will try my best to explain the issue, and what my desired results are. I am doing queries in MYSQL, and need the output to be sent to a file. That file needs to have things with the same ID on the same line. To... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert title as output of command to appended file if no output from command

I am using UNIX to create a script on our system. I have setup my commands to append their output to an outage file. However, some of the commands return no output and so I would like something to take their place. What I need The following command is placed at the prompt: TICLI... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrass
4 Replies
GP2C-RUN(1)							       PARI							       GP2C-RUN(1)

NAME
GP2C-RUN - The GP to C compiler driver DESCRIPTION
gp2c-run [gp2c options] [file.gp] Compile file.gp with gp2c and launch a gp session where the functions of functions of file.gp are preloaded. Any options are passed to gp2c. gp2c-run file.c Compile file.c and launch a gp session where the functions of file.c are preloaded. the file file.c must have suitable GP;install() lines. This is especially useful if you manually modify the file.gp.c produced by gp2c-run. In this case it is advised to rename it to file.c to avoid subsequent calls of gp2c-run to overwrite your changes. FILES
file.gp.c The C output of gp2c. file.gp.so The GP loadable module. file.gp.run The commands to load the module. Once a module is compiled, you can load it inside a gp session by running this script. ENVIRONMENT
GP2C Path to the gp2c compiler, default: /usr/bin/gp2c GP Path to the gp calculator, default: /usr/bin/gp FILES
file.gp.c The C output of gp2c. file.gp.so The GP loadable module. file.gp.run The commands to load the module. Once a module is compiled, you can load it inside a gp session by running this script. COPYING
Copyright 2000-2006 The PARI Group GP2C is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GP2C. SEE ALSO
The GP2C manual, gp2c(1), gp2c-dbg(1), gp(1), gcc(1) GP to C compiler driver November 2001 GP2C-RUN(1)