Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Using SQUID to reduce traffic usage in the office - how effective? Post 302265085 by FractalizeR on Friday 5th of December 2008 02:59:45 PM
Old 12-05-2008
Ok, thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

most effective search ?

what's the most efficient and effective search for a file in a dir ? I see many guys use this # find - print or something as such ? and sometimes pipe it to something else ? Is there a better way of using "grep" in all of this ? thanks simon2000 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to reduce GZIP memory usage

I am using the ZLIB_VERSION "1.2.3" . The memory requirement for Zlib/GZIP compression is stated as /* The memory requirements for deflate are (in bytes): (1 << (windowBits+2)) + (1 << (memLevel+9)) that is: 128K for windowBits=15 + 128K for memLevel = 8 (default values) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parmod Garg
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finger command not showing Office, Office Phone from /etc/passwd

Not sure if this is the best place to post, but at this point my question seems to be an advanced topic. I'm curious why it is that the "office phone" column of finger does not seem to report anything even when data is entered in the GECOS field of /etc/passwd. I am using Ubuntu 8.10, kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gratuitous_arp
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help regarding effective usage of diff for comparing files

Help regarding effective usage of diff for comparing files Hi All, I have few doubts regarding best usage of diff command. I also have some questions with out put of diff command. File1: ABC DEF File2: ABC DEFAA diff file1 file2 2c2 <DEF ----- (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Routing traffic problem between 3G and Office Lan Network

Hi, I would like to ask some networking solution regarding my work LAN and 3G usb network problem. I want to route my internet traffic to the 3G network and sometimes connect to some of my work network for ssh to configure some workstation or print something. Currently my problem is i can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
0 Replies

8. IP Networking

Squid vs iptables = no Squid access.log?

Hello, I have a pretty useless satellite link at home (far from any civilization), so I wanted to set up caching in order to speed things up. My Squid 2.6 runs "3128 transparent" and is set up quite well on a separate machine. I also have my dd-wrt router to move all port 80 traffic through... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theWojtek
0 Replies

9. AIX

How to reduce and findout CPU usage?

Frequently i am getting "total CPU is now 100.00%, which is above the error threshold (90%)" this error . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjithm
3 Replies
GEIER(1)							   User Commands							  GEIER(1)

NAME
geier - Command line interface to the Geier library SYNOPSIS
geier [OPTION...] [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Command line interface to the Geier library (libgeier), allowing to validate, apply stylesheets, digitally sign and send Elster XML docu- ments. -d, --dry-run Don't send the Elster XML document to the inland revenue office for further processing. This is, if you want to just check the doc- ument for validity (against the schema files), apply the corresponding stylesheet, etc. supply this option. --dump=FILE Write the result which we have received from the inland revenue office to the file FILE (right after decryption). This might be useful, if you want to keep a copy of the result somewhere and provided the --xsltify command line argument. -e, --encrypt-only Only encrypt the provided Elster XML document. Nothing more. This is mainly for testing purposes, as you will not be able to decrypt the document (since it is public key encrypted). If you transfer the result manually, you will not be able to decrypt the result either, since it is encrypted symetrically and you do not get the needed key back. -s, --softpse=FILE Digitally sign the document using software certificates. The file with the provided name is expected to contain a PKCS#12 certifi- cate container from which the private key as well as the certificate needed for signing will be extracted. If you supply this option, you will be asked to enter the container's PIN code later on. -v, --validate Try to validate the document against the schema files, provided by Germany's inland revenue office, right after parsing. In case the document cannot be validated, complain and abort before any further processing. -x, --xsltify Apply the stylesheet, suitable for this type of Elster XML document, to the document itself in order to generate XHTML output. In case you have chosen to send the document to the inland revenue office, the result we got back will be mangled. If you have pro- vided the --dry-run switch, the stylesheet will be applied against the provided document itself. You most probably want to use this option, if you would like to have a somewhat printable protocol after transmitting your data. -?, --help Give this help list. --usage Give a short usage message. -V, --version Print program version. Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. Please mind that libgeier is currently very much in alpha alike state, therefore please do not expect a tool working perfectly right now. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Stefan Siegl <stesie@brokenpipe.de>, Germany This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Geier Command Line Interface November 2005 GEIER(1)