Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting test: unknown operator status Post 302265016 by melanie_pfefer on Friday 5th of December 2008 11:36:02 AM
Old 12-05-2008
hi

what should i use then for an error exit code? I always used exit -1

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

:0: unknown test operator

I have gotten the script up to this point and it works fine a system but when i copy it to another unix server running solaris 9 as the original one , its gives an error './mon_fs.sh: 0: unknown test operator' . (see script bellow) can the Gurus see to this as i am just a beginner with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibroxy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unknown test operator

Hi, I have the following shell script : Nbr_BD_Link=0 Nbr_BD_Link=` sqlplus sysadm/${PSWD}@${DB_Name} << EOF | tail -4 | head -1 2>/dev/null set head off feedback off ; select count(*) from dba_db_links ; exit ; EOF ` echo ${Nbr_BD_Link} if ; then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TEST operator help

Hi I want to group like this but syntactic is not right ... Thanks if Like this below does not work properly .. if then : else usage exit 1 fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in shell test: unknown operator

Hi All, can some one figure out the syntax issue here. How to overcome this? #!/bin/sh $ HFR_MAIL=NO $ PRP_MAIL=NO $ MC_MAIL=NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO " > else > echo "YES" > fi test: unknown operator NO $ if && && ]; then > echo "NO" > else > echo "YES" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unknown test operator

hi all, i am using the below command in my script if ; then This statement is causing the problme "ScriptName.ksh: XXX-XXX: unknown test operator" could you please suggest me , how can i avoid these messages. Singhal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test operator

In my script (currently running on Solaris ) I'm testing for zero size with wild character. There are mutilple files exist in the directory. if then filename=`ls -1tr ${fileformat}.${date}.? | tail -1` else ${BATCH_FATAL:-echo} "$0:ERROR:No file found ${source}/${fileformat}.${date}.?"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel83
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown test operator

Hi , Os - Solaris Shell - Ksh I am getting below error in if condition + id + ./om_wf_complete.sh: gid=4081(Infadmn): unknown test operator + exit 1 if ; then touch /home/odwt/1.0.0/out/oworkflow.dat chmod 777 /home/odwt/1.0.0/out/oworkflow.dat elif ; then touch... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown test operator

O/S solaris 9 shell ksh if then chk_op="WARNING...reboot within the last 24hrs, restarted at `who -r | awk '{print $4$5"@"$6}'`" ; else if ; then last_reboot1=`who -b | awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}'` last_reboot2='..OK..'`uptime | awk '{print$3" "$4}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: squrcles
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting unknown operator error while using a function

Hi, I wrote a function for the first time and not able to get the desired result. I have requirement to execute 10 queries. For this i wrote a function like below. function Command { typeset var SOL; if ; then CONNECTION="${CONNECTION} -e -time"; else SOL="`nzsql ${CONNECTION} -c... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
8 Replies
exit(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						  exit(3C)

NAME
exit, _exithandle - terminate process SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> void exit(int status); void _exithandle(void); DESCRIPTION
The exit() function terminates a process by calling first _exithandle() and then _exit() (see exit(2)). The _exithandle() function calls any functions registered through the atexit(3C) function in the reverse order of their registration. This action includes executing all finalization code from the .fini sections of all objects that are part of the process. The _exithandle() function is intended for use only with _exit(), and allows for specialized processing such as dldump(3C) to be performed. Normal process execution should not be continued after a call to _exithandle() has occurred, as internal data structures may have been torn down due to atexit() or .fini processing. The symbols EXIT_SUCCESS and EXIT_FAILURE are defined in the header <stdlib.h> and may be used as the value of status to indicate success- ful or unsuccessful termination, respectively. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exit(2), atexit(3C), dldump(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 1 Mar 2004 exit(3C)