Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extracting fields from file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting fields from file Post 302264978 by zaxxon on Friday 5th of December 2008 08:58:20 AM
Old 12-05-2008
One way as a start:
Code:
ARR1=`sed 's/.*SystemSoftwareVersion=\([^;]*\);.*/\1/' yourfile`
ARR2=`sed -n '{s/.*;CDN=\([^;]*\);.*/\1/p}' yourfile`

echo $VAR1
2.5300- 2.5300

echo $VAR2
http://my.backup.com/download.txt

Not sure if that is what you need. Maybe it's better to load them in an array so you can work them if they form up a pair, ie. are associated each other or something like that.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fields from an output 8-)

I am getting a variable as x=2006/01/18 now I have to extract each field from it. Like x1=2006, x2=01 and x3=18. Any idea how? Thanks a lot for help. Thanks CSaha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting information from text fields.

Dear friends, I'm a novice Unix user and I'm trying to learn the ropes. I have a big task I have to accomplish and I'm convinced Unix can get the job done, I just haven't figured out how. I recently posted on the topic of cutting text between unique text patterns and somebody helped me a great... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
24 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting fields

Hi, i have a line with several fields (indefinite number of - count varies) separated by colon. Now, i need to pick each field (except the first one) and have it assigned to variable within a loop. In other words, in the first iteration of the loop, the variable must be assigned with 2nd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting records with unique fields from a fixed width txt file

Greetings, I would like to extract records from a fixed width text file that have unique field elements. Data is structured like this: John A Smith NY Mary C Jones WA Adam J Clark PA Mary Jones WA Fieldname / start-end position Firstname 1-10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sitney
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing LF and extracting two fields

I need some assistance, I am writing a script in bash. I want to do two things: 1/. I want to replace the LF at the end of the RFH  Ø  ¸MQSTR ¸ so I can process the file record by record using a while loop. 2/. I want to extract two fields from each record, they are identified with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gugs
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Some fields from current file to another file

Hi, I have multiple files in a directory all I am trying to do is to read the files in the directory and extract data from 2nd field till 10th field and put it in a new files. The files are pipe delimited. The new file will have the same name as the old file but the prefix of PRE_oldfilename. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simi28
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in writing a script for extracting fields

Hi, I need to extract last character of the field retrieved from the database using select command. eg: select event,text from event_data; o/p: Event1,text1 But I need to extract only '1' from the fields...similarly '2' from Event2,text2 and '3' from Event3,text3 etc., and need to pass... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in extracting fields from a file

I have an input file with contents like: 203969 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON1 203970 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON2 203971 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON3 203972 OrdAcctCycChg USAGE_DAEMON4 I need to extract variables in first column... (51 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
51 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX extracting fields

I have one file A.txt which is comma separated and I want to extract first 4 field's in a file and also I want to add one more column in output A.txt in output for all records. A.txt should not be hard coded since I do not filename it may be any file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extracting specific fields from an XML file

Hello All, I have a requirement to split the input.xml file different files and i have tried using earlier examples(where i have posted in the forum), but still no luck Here is my input.xml <jms-system-resource> <name>UMSJMSSystemResource</name> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siv51427882
4 Replies
XtAllocateGC(3) 						   XT FUNCTIONS 						   XtAllocateGC(3)

NAME
XtAllocateGC - obtain a sharable GC with modifiable fields SYNTAX
GC XtAllocateGC(Widget w, Cardinal depth, XtGCMask value_mask, XGCValues *values, XtGCMask dynamic_mask, XtGCMask unused_mask); ARGUMENTS
values Specifies the actual values for this GC. value_mask Specifies which fields of the values are specified. w Specifies the widget. depth Specifies the depth for which the returned GC is valid, or 0. dynamic_mask Specifies the fields of the GC that will be modified by the caller. unused_mask Specifies the fields of the GC that will not be needed by the caller. DESCRIPTION
The XtAllocateGC function returns a sharable GC that may be modified by the client. The screen field of the specified widget or of the nearest widget ancestor of the specified object and the specified depth argument supply the root and drawable depths for which the GC is to be valid. If depth is zero the depth is taken from the depth field of the specified widget or of the nearest widget ancestor of the speci- fied object. The value_mask argument specifies the fields of the GC that will be initialized with the respective members of the values structure. The dynamic_mask argument specifies fields that the caller intends to modify during program execution. The caller must ensure that the corre- sponding GC field is set prior to each use of the GC. The unused_mask argument specifies fields of the GC that are of no interest to the caller. The caller may make no assumptions about the contents of any fields specified in unused_mask. The caller may assume that at all times all fields not specified in either dynamic_mask or unused_mask have their default value if not specified in value_mask or the value specified by values. If a field is specified in both value_mask and dynamic_mask, the effect is as if it were specified only in dynamic_mask and then immediately set to the value in values. If a field is set in unused_mask and also in either value_mask or dynamic_mask, the specification in unused_mask is ignored. XtAllocateGC tries to minimize the number of unique GCs created by comparing the arguments with those of previous calls and returning an existing GC when there are no conflicts. XtAllocateGC may modify and return an existing GC if it was allocated with a nonzero unused_mask. SEE ALSO
XtGetGC X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtAllocateGC(3)