Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity recieving undeliverable reciepts of spam mails that seem to be coming from my domain Post 302264946 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 07:39:16 AM
Old 12-05-2008
Ahem. Welcome to the club.

There are a couple of blacklisting sites. Scan them regularly to see if your host is blacklisted. If it is, appeal immediately.

As far as your legal question... there are some laws that say that, but who's going to enforce indonesian hackers spamming Canadian businesses using a German domain?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Why am I not recieving email notification?

I have been a member for almost a year now. I have always recieved email notifications when I select "subcribe to this thread" at the bottom of posts that I reply to. However, over the last month or so, I have not been recieving email notification of replys to posts I respond to. I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kelam_Magnus
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx undeliverable

hello! this is my first post in this forum :) when sending mail from unix, using the mailx facility, does it save a copy of the sent mail anywhere on the server? Or if the mail is not delivered to the recipient, does it write a notification to the user about the status of the mail? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: starla0316
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Where is "SPAM" coming from?

No, i do NOT mean spam itself, but the word "spam". Here is my shot, which implies a historical dimension of the word, most people might not be aware of: Sine Prudentia Agitare et Molestare. What does that tell us about the spamming habits of the ancient Romans? bakunin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

4. Linux

Mail drops into spam box of yahoo from a single domain

The mails are reaching from all my domains (hosted in same server) to yahoo properly when tested. But all the mails from a particular domain out of many domains hosted in the server sent to yahoo reaches yahoo's spam box. The host says that this problem is nothing to do with them since it works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lampscholar
0 Replies

5. Programming

scripting for recieving a prompt

I have to run a script provided by a vendor. Its an executable so I can't change it. basically after I call it it prompts me for a password. The script does not provide a way for me to pass a password with the command that calls the script. I would like to automate running this script from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
5 Replies

6. Linux

incoming mails not coming

I am using Linux box. i am able to send mails through sendmail to local and other domains. i am not receving any incoming mails. dovecot service is running. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishindn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get return code from mutt if an address is invalid/undeliverable from Unix shell script

I am using mutt on ksh Unix to send emails to addresses plucked from the database. If the "To:" email address is not longer valid and so the email is not sent to the "To:" recipient, but is sent to the valid cc address, I need to be able to get an error code returned to the shell script so that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jzuber
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix config: how to relay mails for only one user of a certain domain

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lpacor
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hello there, First of all I tell you that this is my first postfix installation so please be patient... I have following scenario: fetchmail --> postfix --> amavis-new --> postfix --> exchange 2010. Everything -except exchange ;-)- runs on an opensuse 12.1 box. Now, I have a list of... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
qmail-send(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     qmail-send(8)

NAME
qmail-send - deliver mail messages from the queue SYNOPSIS
qmail-send DESCRIPTION
qmail-send handles messages placed into the outgoing queue by qmail-queue. It uses qmail-lspawn to deliver messages to local recipients and qmail-rspawn to deliver messages to remote recipients. If a message is temporarily undeliverable to one or more addresses, qmail-send leaves it in the queue and tries the addresses again later. qmail-send prints a readable record of its activities to descriptor 0. It writes commands to qmail-lspawn, qmail-rspawn, and qmail-clean on descriptors 1, 3, and 5, and reads responses from descriptors 2, 4, and 6. qmail-send is responsible for avoiding deadlock. If qmail-send receives a TERM signal, it will exit cleanly, after waiting (possibly more than a minute) for current delivery attempts to finish. If qmail-send receives an ALRM signal, it will reschedule every message in the queue for immediate delivery. CONTROL FILES
WARNING: qmail-send reads its control files only when it starts. If you change the control files, you must stop and restart qmail-send. Exception: If qmail-send receives a HUP signal, it will reread locals and virtualdomains. bouncefrom Bounce username. Default: MAILER-DAEMON. bouncehost Bounce host. Default: me, if that is supplied; otherwise the literal name bouncehost, which is probably not what you want. If a mes- sage is permanently undeliverable, qmail-send sends a single-bounce notice back to the message's envelope sender. The notice is From: bouncefrom@bouncehost, although its envelope sender is empty. concurrencylocal Maximum number of simultaneous local delivery attempts. Default: 10. If 0, local deliveries will be put on hold. concurrencylocal is limited at compile time to 120. concurrencyremote Maximum number of simultaneous remote delivery attempts. Default: 20. If 0, remote deliveries will be put on hold. concurrencyre- mote is limited at compile time to 120. doublebouncehost Double-bounce host. Default: me, if that is supplied; otherwise the literal name doublebouncehost, which is probably not what you want. doublebounceto User to receive double-bounces. Default: postmaster. If a single-bounce notice is permanently undeliverable, qmail-send sends a dou- ble-bounce notice to doublebounceto@doublebouncehost. (If that bounces, qmail-send gives up.) envnoathost Presumed domain name for addresses without @ signs. Default: me, if that is supplied; otherwise the literal name envnoathost, which is probably not what you want. If qmail-send sees an envelope recipient address without an @ sign, it appends @envnoathost. locals List of domain names that the current host receives mail for, one per line. Default: me, if that is supplied; otherwise qmail-send refuses to run. An address user@domain is considered local if domain is listed in locals. percenthack List of domain names where the percent hack is applied. If domain is listed in percenthack, any address of the form user%fqdn@domain is rewritten as user@fqdn. user may contain %, so the percent hack may be applied repeatedly. qmail-send handles percenthack before locals. queuelifetime Number of seconds a message can stay in the queue. Default: 604800 (one week). After this time expires, qmail-send will try the mes- sage once more, but it will treat any temporary delivery failures as permanent failures. virtualdomains List of virtual users or domains, one per line. A virtual user has the form user@domain:prepend, without any extra spaces. When qmail-send sees the recipient address user@domain, it converts it to prepend-user@domain and treats it as local. A virtual domain has the form domain:prepend. It applies to any recipient address at domain. For example, if nowhere.mil:joe-foo is in virtualdomains, and a message arrives for info@nowhere.mil, qmail-send will rewrite the recipient address as joe-foo- info@nowhere.mil and deliver the message locally. virtualdomains may contain wildcards: .fax:uucp-fax :alias-catchall .nowhere.mil:joe-foo-host virtualdomains may also contain exceptions: an empty prepend means that domain is not a virtual domain. qmail-send handles virtualdomains after locals: if a domain is listed in locals, virtualdomains does not apply. SEE ALSO
nice(1), addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-control(5), qmail-log(5), qmail-queue(8), qmail-clean(8), qmail-lspawn(8), qmail-rspawn(8) qmail-send(8)