Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Populating array raised an error Post 302264937 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 07:14:19 AM
Old 12-05-2008
This line is suspect:
[code]
${array3[i]}=$ELE2
[code]
array3 is not yet initialized, so its contents are empty, so it can't evaluate to any variable which $ would expand to. Maybe you mean:
Code:
array3[i]=$ELE2

Try that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

When is SIGCHLD is raised.

Hi, I have 2 processes X and Y. Y is exec() from X. In Y i have an exit handler, which is called when i return from main. With in exit handler i delete and object which in turn calls the destructor of the object, which terminates all the threads of Y. I believe that SIGCHLD is raised by Y as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supersumanth
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically answer a question raised by a command

i have installed vmware on a text base linux node now i have to vmware-configure.pl to do the initial configuration now 1st step it askes for agreeing for a " License Agreement" for that i have to say "q" and "yes" to Accept it i want to run a script with does these 3 steps... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk help with populating variable

Hi, I'm looking for help trying to parse a data stream. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My awk statement is awk '/Aug/{a=$2}/vol/{print a, host, $1, $2, $3, $4, $5}' out.txt Sample Data Stream "out.txt" ----------------------------- # Aug 3 00:00:00 2008 ===== DF =====... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmd2004
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

populating array using awk

Hi. I have a file with the following structer: DB DISK LOCATION SIZE ============================================ PROD DATA_01 /dev/dm-23 10 PROD DATA_02 /dev/dm-24 10 PROD DATA_03 /dev/dm-25 10 DEV DATA_04 /dev/dm-26 10 DEV DATA_05 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating an Array

Guys, I need to iterate populate an array while going over files in directory. Can someone please tell me syntax I tried this but it isn't working ==> for F in `ls -p "${directory1}" | grep -v "\/"` do cd "${directory2}" cmp "${directory2}"/"${F}" "${directory1}"/"${F}" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Pre-populating an array from system command output

So, here's a scenario that requires the same logic as what I'm working on: Suppose that you have a directory containing files named after users. For awk's purposes, the filename is a single field-- something parse-friendly, like john_smith. Now, let's say that I'd like to populate an array in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

7. Programming

populating a JList

Hi, I have to create a JList and the items I need to display are store in HashMap table. What would be the easiest way to populate this JList. Basically the items I want to display/show in the JList are the key values of the HashMap. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
0 Replies

8. Programming

Populating Lists in Def using Python

Dipping around in python again and need to create a def that will populate a list(content) with the files that os.walk finds from within this directory and then I will re.search through each files looking for content. In learning Python, can someone point me in the right direction. This is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Populating a BASH array with a list of files including spaces-in-the-name

For the record, I already tried telling mgmt and the users to disallow spaces in filenames for this script, but it isn't happening for a number of ID10T-error-based reasons. I have simple list of 3 files in a directory that are named like this: bash-3.2$ ls -1 file* file1 file1 part2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
2 Replies
ARRAY_INTERSECT_KEY(3)							 1						    ARRAY_INTERSECT_KEY(3)

array_intersect_key - Computes the intersection of arrays using keys for comparison

SYNOPSIS
array array_intersect_key (array $array1, array $array2, [array $...]) DESCRIPTION
array_intersect_key(3) returns an array containing all the entries of $array1 which have keys that are present in all the arguments. PARAMETERS
o $array1 - The array with master keys to check. o $array2 - An array to compare keys against. o $... - A variable list of arrays to compare. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array containing all the entries of $array1 which have keys that are present in all arguments. EXAMPLES
Example #1 array_intersect_key(3) example <?php $array1 = array('blue' => 1, 'red' => 2, 'green' => 3, 'purple' => 4); $array2 = array('green' => 5, 'blue' => 6, 'yellow' => 7, 'cyan' => 8); var_dump(array_intersect_key($array1, $array2)); ?> The above example will output: array(2) { ["blue"]=> int(1) ["green"]=> int(3) } In our example you see that only the keys 'blue' and 'green' are present in both arrays and thus returned. Also notice that the values for the keys 'blue' and 'green' differ between the two arrays. A match still occurs because only the keys are checked. The values returned are those of $array1. The two keys from the key => value pairs are considered equal only if (string) $key1 === (string) $key2 . In other words a strict type check is executed so the string representation must be the same. SEE ALSO
array_diff(3), array_udiff(3), array_diff_assoc(3), array_diff_uassoc(3), array_udiff_assoc(3), array_udiff_uassoc(3), array_diff_key(3), array_diff_ukey(3), array_intersect(3), array_intersect_assoc(3), array_intersect_uassoc(3), array_intersect_ukey(3). PHP Documentation Group ARRAY_INTERSECT_KEY(3)