Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to check all virtual hostnames/virtual IP's Post 302264923 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 06:51:04 AM
Old 12-05-2008
What is a "virtual hostname". Do you mean all virtual IPs and their associated hostnames? In Linux, there are two ways to make a virtual IP: ifconfig and "ip addr".
Code:
ifconfig -a | grep "^ *inet addr:"
ip addr | grep "^ *inet "

Then use awk or sed or whatever to extract the IPs and for each one, send through something like "getent":
Code:
cat list-of-ips | while read ip; do getent hosts $ip; done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to check Virtual NIC card speed on solaris

Hi, We have a 4 port Sun gigaswift NIC card on our sun fire server. If the card is a physical one I know how to check the settings/speed. But since this is a virtual card with 4 ports , I am not sure as how we can check the settings. Details ----------- root:/> ifconfig -a lo0:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pray44u
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differentiating between Virtual and non Virtual IP addresses

Hello, I would like to know if there is a command or any configuration file to find and differentiate the Virtual IP Addresses (of the Cluster Resource Group) and the IP Address of the Cluster Node. I observe that the ifconfig -a command returns all the IP addresses configured on the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
IS_KSEG_VA(9r)															    IS_KSEG_VA(9r)

NAME
IS_KSEG_VA, IS_SEG0_VA, IS_SEG1_VA - General: Determine if the specified address is located in the kernel-unmapped address space, the user- mapped address space, and the kernel-mapped address space. SYNOPSIS
void IS_KSEG_VA( unsigned long addr ); void IS_SEG0_VA( unsigned long addr ); void IS_SEG1_VA( unsigned long addr ); ARGUMENTS
Specifies the virtual address. DESCRIPTION
The IS_KSEG_VA routine determines if the specified address is located in the kernel-unmapped address space. The IS_SEG0_VA routine deter- mines if the specified address is located in the user-mapped address space. The IS_SEG1_VA routine determines if the specified address is located in the kernel-mapped address space. RETURN VALUES
None EXAMPLE
The following code fragment shows a call to IS_KSEG_VA: . . . caddr_t virt_addr; [1] unsigned phys_addr; [2] . . . if(IS_KSEG_VA(virt_addr)) { [3] phys_addr = KSEG_TO_PHYS(virt_addr); [4] . . . Declares a variable to store the user buffer's virtual address. Declares a variable to store the physical address returned by KSEG_TO_PHYS. Before calling KSEG_TO_PHYS, calls IS_KSEG_VA to determine if the virtual address is from the kernel-unmapped address space. If the virtual address is from the kernel-unmapped address space, then calls KSEG_TO_PHYS to convert the address to a corresponding physi- cal address. SEE ALSO
Routines: KSEG_TO_PHYS(9r), PHYS_TO_KSEG(9r) IS_KSEG_VA(9r)