Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Re : Pass parameters from Cron job to Java code Post 302264907 by otheus on Friday 5th of December 2008 06:01:54 AM
Old 12-05-2008
Passing parameters to Java is usually done either through the environment. So, set an environment variable, like:
Code:
FOO="Parm1;parm2;parm3" java ./program1
FOO="Parm1;parm2;parm3" java ./program2

I might be wrong on a few details. For instance, maybe you need to pass the variables in with an option like java -d. Here's a link that will help you both on the unix side and in the java side: http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0150.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal And Cron Job Return Different Status Code

Dear All, I want to write a shell script to test the server is running or not. The method is pinging the server and examine the status code. the script: #/bin/tcsh ping -c 3 host if ($? != 0) then actionA endif This script work fine in terminal. The status code is 0 when the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isaac_ho
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameters to an awk file?

I have an awk file where I need to pass a filename and a value as a parameter from a sh script. I need to know how to pass those values in the sh script and how to use the same in the awk file. Thanks in advance!!! Geetha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameters transparently into a sub script

Hi, I am trying to write a script like this: #!/bin/ksh #script name: msgflow #The awk commands for Solaris and Linux are incompatible if ] then msgflow-solaris $* elif ] then msgflow-linux $* fi This script is shared by a file system which is visible to both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielnpu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron job - shell code correction

Hi I have a website that is having problem with cron jobs... I have a cron job set up to go to a page with this code... <? include('config.php'); if($_sys->bible_email_frequency == 'DAILY') { $u = new user(); $u->send_bible_email(); } ?> If i send my browser to this page... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whybelieve
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameters to function

Hi, for example I have this function: function get_param () { test=echo "some string" test2=echo "someother string" } I want to call this function and get test or test2 result, how do I do that ? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get system date, format it, pass it as a parameter to a perl script - all in cron job

I am trying to get the string containing date - in a specfic format actually, although I think that part is inconsequencial - 1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226^1110226 - through echo or printf or in some other way - created within a cront job and passed as a parameter to a perl script. Now, I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: v8625
3 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Pass two parameters

Hi I have a batch file aaa.exe which needs two input parameters: Usually the command's format likes aaa 555 10000 But I want to use parameters to do it. aaa $1 $2 These two parameters come from a text file list.txt 41800497 41801375 41814783 41816135 41814930 41816135 41819987 41820843... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass Parameters to awk command

I need to pass values at runtime for the below awk command where l is the length and partial.txt is the file name. awk -v l=285 '{s="%-"l"s\n";printf(s,$0);}' partial.txt > temp1.txt; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with Java code in Cron

Dear All, I have a shell script which has JAVA code inside it runs perfectly on command line. But while I set it on cron, all rest of the script runs but Java code doesnt. java -cp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
LIQUIDSOAP(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LIQUIDSOAP(1)

NAME
liquidsoap - a multimedia streaming language SYNOPSIS
liquidsoap [options] [script|expression] DESCRIPTION
Liquidsoap is a programming language for describing multimedia streaming systems. It is very flexible, making simple things simple but giving a lot of control for advanced uses. Liquidsoap supports audio, video and MIDI streams, and a wide range of input/output operators including Icecast and various soundcard APIs. It can perform a broad range of signal processing, combine streams in various ways, support custom transitions, generate sound procedurally... and all this can be assembled as you wish. Input files can be accessed remotely, or even be synthesized on the fly using external scripts such as speech synthesis. Finally, interaction with a running liquidsoap instance is possible via telnet or socket. Liquidsoap scripts passed on the command line will be evaluated: they shall be used to define the streaming system to be ran. It is possi- ble to pass multiple scripts; they will all be ran successively, and definitions from one script can be used in subsequent ones. A script will be read from standard input if - is given as script filename. Information about scripting liquidsoap is available on our website: http://savonet.sf.net/ If the parameter is not a file it will be treated as an expression which will be executed. It is a convenient way to test simple one-line scripts. When running only one-liners, the default is to log messages directly on stdout rather than to a file. OPTIONS
- Read script from standard input. -- Stop parsing the command-line and pass subsequent items to the script. --debug Print debugging log messages. --dynamic-plugins-dir path Directory where to look for plugins. --errors-as-warnings Issue warnings instead of fatal errors for unused variables and ignored expressions. If you are not sure about it, it is better to not use it. --interactive Start an interactive interpreter. --list-plugins List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols). --list-plugins-xml List all plugins (builtin scripting values, supported formats and protocols), output as XML. --no-pervasives Do not load pervasive script libraries. --version Display liquidsoap's version. -c, --check Check and evaluate scripts but do not perform any streaming. -cl, --check-lib Like --check but treats all scripts and expressions as libraries, so that unused toplevel variables are not reported. -d, --daemon Run in daemon mode. -f, --force-start For advanced dynamic uses: force liquidsoap to start even when no active source is initially defined. -h plugin Print the description of a plugin, eg. a builtin scripting function. -i Display infered types. -p, --parse-only Parse scripts but do not type-check and run them. -q, --quiet Do not print log messages on standard output. -r filename Process a request. -T, --disable-telnet Disable the telnet server. -U, --disable-unix-socket Disable the unix socket. -t, --enable-telnet Enable the telnet server. -u, --enable-unix-socket Enable the unix socket. -v, --verbose Print log messages on standard output. --conf-descr-key key Describe a configuration key. --conf-descr Show all configuration keys with their documentation. --conf-descr-liqi Show all configuration keys with their documentation in liqi (documentation wiki) format. --conf-dump Dump the configuration state -help, --help Display this list of options SEE ALSO
Our website http://savonet.sf.net/ and the HTML documentation coming with your distribution of liquidsoap. AUTHOR
Savonet team <savonet-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Liquidsoap 1.0.1 June 25, 2012 LIQUIDSOAP(1)