Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting single quote problem with rsync Post 302264787 by mr_boysito on Thursday 4th of December 2008 09:34:52 PM
Old 12-04-2008
Data single quote problem with rsync

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie and hope that someone help me in this problem.

I have a filename in LINUX with single quote like this:

abs@hosttest:~/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNSROSES> dir You*
-rw-r--r-- 1 abs users 2365881 2008-08-25 09:16 You're Crazy.mp3

The file is You're Crazy.mp3.

I want to recover this file from windows, i use the next command:

C:\>rsync -avrz --progress abs@test.no-ip.org://home/abs/ABS/BETY/cygdrive/C/"'DECLARANOT 1.1.4/02 - ROCK/052 - GUNS
ROSES/You're Crazy.mp3'" /ABS_RECOVERY\
Password:
bash: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(644) [receiver=3.0.2]

when the filename has no single quote, i have not problems.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance, and congratulations for this great forum.

Atte
The Boysito

PD.Sorry for my poor english

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a single quote

Hi there I have a data file like so below 'A/1';'T100002';'T100002';'';'01/05/2004';'31/05/2004';'01/06/2004';'08/06/2004';'1.36';'16';'0.22';'0';'0';'1.58';'0';'0';'0';'0';'0';'0';'clientes\resumen\200405\resumen_T100002_T100002_1.pdf';'';'0001';'S';'20040501';'';'02';'0';'S';'N'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjsha1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote

Hi I have a shell script with many lines as below: comment on column dcases.proj_seq_num is dcases_1sq; .... .... I want the above script to be as below: comment on column dcases.proj_seq_num is 'dcases_1sq'; I want to have single quotes like that as above for the entire shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

escaping single quote

hi, echo 'abc' will give output abc how can i get output as 'abc' plz help. thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeed7
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remsh problem with single quote (')

Hi All, Im executing the shell script remotely. here is one statement from that: remsh $rHost -l $rUser "java -jar $TARGET/toolkit/apps/bin/toolkit-stm.jar network -m -d1 /abmusr06/abm/users/dywrk01/$package/DYP_Execution/data/configuration/network_aus/network -u2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AB10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote replacement

hi all, i have a data in the file which of the formate : 100,102,103 and the required formate is \'100\',\'102\',\'103 Idealy we need to replace , with \',\' Regards arkesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkeshtk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quote _error_.

Hi all... (This is Don's domain.) I have come across an anomaly in sh and dash compared to bash. It involves echoing a character set to a file in sh and dash compared to bash. It is probably easier to show the code and results first. #!/usr/local/bin/dash #!/bin/sh #!/bin/bash echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
ABS(3)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    ABS(3)

NAME
abs, labs, llabs, imaxabs - compute the absolute value of an integer SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int abs(int j); long int labs(long int j); long long int llabs(long long int j); #include <inttypes.h> intmax_t imaxabs(intmax_t j); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): llabs(): _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 600 || _ISOC99_SOURCE; or cc -std=c99 DESCRIPTION
The abs() function computes the absolute value of the integer argument j. The labs(), llabs() and imaxabs() functions compute the absolute value of the argument j of the appropriate integer type for the function. RETURN VALUE
Returns the absolute value of the integer argument, of the appropriate integer type for the function. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, POSIX.1-2001, 4.3BSD, C99. C89 only includes the abs() and labs() functions; the functions llabs() and imaxabs() were added in C99. NOTES
Trying to take the absolute value of the most negative integer is not defined. The llabs() function is included in glibc since version 2.0, but is not in libc5 or libc4. The imaxabs() function is included in glibc since version 2.1.1. For llabs() to be declared, it may be necessary to define _ISOC99_SOURCE or _ISOC9X_SOURCE (depending on the version of glibc) before including any standard headers. GCC handles abs() and labs() as built-in functions. GCC 3.0 also handles llabs() and imaxabs() as built-ins. SEE ALSO
cabs(3), ceil(3), fabs(3), floor(3), rint(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2007-07-26 ABS(3)