Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting list quantity of files by file types Post 302264623 by dorcas on Thursday 4th of December 2008 11:23:41 AM
Old 12-04-2008
Still fighting spaces in filenames

in this line:
Code:
ls -l | grep "^d" | awk '{print $9}' | grep -v "^\." >P_WORK_DIR

how can I add single quotes to either side of the dir name that is saved in P_WORK_DIR? So that in that list a dir name of /HAS Spaces/ will be saved as 'HAS Spaces'

I'm hoping that would do the trick in getting the ls command to work on directories with spaces in the name...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find directory with 2 types of files

Trying to use the find command to find any directory which contains a file ending in .zip AND a file ending in .o I'm having trouble specifying multiple files as criteria and have can't seem to figure it out from Unix in a Nutshell and Google. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

selection of files based on its types

Daily we are getting some datafiles to our unix server location FTPIN. Incoming File names will be present in the location "/xyz/test/" as below: "infile_A1_YYYYMMDD", "infile_A2_YYYYMMDD", "infile_B1_YYYYMMDD", "infile_C1_YYYYMMDD" "infile_C2_YYYYMMDD" Where A, B and C are the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates from multuple files with 2 diff types of files

I need to compare 2 diff type of files and find out the duplicate after comparing each types of files: Type 1 file name is like: file1.abc (the extension abc could any 3 characters but I can narrow it down or hardcode for 10/15 combinations). The other file is file1.bcd01abc (the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Bug: A script to compile two types of data files into two temporary files

Dear other forum members, I'm writing a script for my homework, but I'm scratching all over my head and still can't figure out what I did wrong. Please help me. I just started to learn about bash scripting, and I appreciate if anyone of you can point out my errors. I thank you in advance. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilove2smoke
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep with quantity

Hello, is there a way to find a list of all files in my folder that have 5 instances of the symbol | ?? grep "|" *.* would give me all files that have one isntance of | Is there a way to modify this to find files with 5 or more instances of the symbol ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juliette salexa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove two types of files from a directory

Hi All, i need to move two types of files from a directory. I have used the below command to find the files from the directory.. SOURCE_DIR="some directory path" TARGET_DIR="Target Dir" Datestamp=Date_format find $SOURCE_DIR \( -name "*.log" -o -name "*.out" ) - exec ls -1 {} \; now i... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a single "find" cmd to search for multiple file types and output individual files

Hi All, I am new here but I have a scripting question that I can't seem to figure out with the "find" cmd. What I am trying to do is to only have to run a single find cmd parsing the directories and output the different file types to induvidual files and I have been running into problems.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swaters
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file types

Hello everyone - I have a task of listing files from a directory together with their type. I tried using ls -l | file -b or different versions of that but that did not work. I will need this to be in a C shell script that will list the file name, size and type from a directory. I can do... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrianvas12
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive grep with only certain types of files

Can I please have some ideas on how to do a recursive grep with certain types of files? The file types I want to use are *.c and *.java. I know this normally works with all files. grep -riI 'scanner' /home/bob/ 2>/dev/null Just not sure how to get it to work *.c and *.java files. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting total files with different file types in each folder

Trying to count total files with different file types with thousands of files in each folder. Since some files do not have extensions I have to use below criteria. Count Total Files starting with --> "^ERROR" Count Total Files starting with --> "^Runtime" Count Everything else or files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies
DR::Tarantool::Spaces(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				DR::Tarantool::Spaces(3pm)

NAME
DR::Tarantool::Spaces - spaces container SYNOPSIS
use DR::Tarantool::Spaces; my $s = new DR::Tarantool::Spaces({ 1 => { name => 'users', # space name default_type => 'STR', # undescribed fields fields => [ qw(login password role), { name => 'counter', type => 'NUM' }, { name => 'something', type => 'UTF8STR', }, { name => 'opts', type => 'JSON', } ], indexes => { 0 => 'login', 1 => [ qw(login password) ], 2 => { name => 'my_idx', fields => 'login', }, 3 => { name => 'my_idx2', fields => [ 'counter', 'something' ] } } }, 0 => { ... } }); my $f = $s->pack_field('users', 'counter', 10); my $f = $s->pack_field('users', 1, 10); # the same my $f = $s->pack_field(1, 1, 10); # the same my $ts = $s->pack_keys([1,2,3] => 'my_idx'); my $t = $s->pack_primary_key([1,2,3]); DESCRIPTION
The package describes all spaces that You use. It supports the following field types: NUM, NUM64, STR - standard tarantool <http://tarantool.org> types. UTF8STR - the same as STR, but string will be utf8-decoded after extracting from database. INT & INT64 - the same as NUM and NUM64, but contain signed values. JSON - the filed will be encoded by JSON::XS before inserting and decoded after extracting from database. METHODS
new my $spaces = DR::Tarantool::Spaces->new( $spaces ); space Returns space object by number or name. my $space = $spaces->space('name'); my $space = $spaces->space(0); pack_field packs one field before making database request my $field = $spaces->pack_field('space', 'field', $data); unpack_field unpacks one field after extracting data from database my $field = $spaces->unpack_field('space', 'field', $data); pack_tuple packs tuple before making database request my $t = $spaces->pack_tuple('space', [ 1, 2, 3 ]); unpack_tuple unpacks tuple after extracting data from database my $t = $spaces->unpack_tuple('space', @fields); SPACES methods new constructor use DR::Tarantool::Spaces; my $space = DR::Tarantool::Space->new($no, $space); name returns space name number returns space number pack_field packs field before making database request unpack_field unpacks field after extracting data from database pack_tuple packs tuple before making database request unpack_tuple unpacks tuple after extracting data from database COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2011 Dmitry E. Oboukhov <unera@debian.org> Copyright (C) 2011 Roman V. Nikolaev <rshadow@rambler.ru> This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License. VCS
The project is placed git repo on github: https://github.com/unera/dr-tarantool/ <https://github.com/unera/dr-tarantool/>. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-04 DR::Tarantool::Spaces(3pm)