Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users pattern search between 2 files Post 302264595 by radoulov on Thursday 4th of December 2008 09:27:38 AM
Old 12-04-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferson333
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1
Use nawk or /usr/xpg4/bin/awk on Solaris.

If you have GNU AWK and you're missing the above error, try:

Code:
gawk --nostalgia

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search all files for a pattern

Hi there, I am looking for a shell script which recursively searches all the files under all the directories for a pattern specified in the script. For e.g., i am looking forward to search for the file names which contains numbers of the form 001*****. Thanks in advance, Naik (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynaik002
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files which doesnot match pattern ?

Hi I need a command to search files in a directory which does not match with pattern .. Plz send me this Ex : Test is directory and has some 10 files with different name all are with *.dat extension , need to search files which doesnot contain word "Dummy file". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern search for multiple log files and counting

I have 10 appservers and each appserver has 4 jvms . Each of these logs is archived and stored on a nfs directory . For example the files are /logs/200907/ap1-jvm1.server.log.20090715.gz /logs/200907/ap2-jvm2.server.log.20090714.gz /logs/200908/ap1-jvm1.server.log.20090812.gz I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help merging two files if search pattern true.

Hello everyone, I've been reading this forum whenever I had a problem with AWK but I can't seem to find how to solve my problem. What I would like to do is the following: I have a first file with two columns, on the first one is a certain name and in the second one, another corresponding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Teroc
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search a pattern across all file and replace it to all files.

Hi All, HP-UX oradev3 B.11.11 U 9000/800 I have few files, which contain texts. Now I need to search a pattern across all files and replace to that pattern with new one. For example, I have following files they have, which contain something like abc@abc.com, now I need to search text acorss... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern in today's files only

Hi Friends, I am in search of unix command which can search a particular pattern in all files which are created/modified today ONLY. Which is the best way to achieve this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern search multiple files

#!/usr/bin/ksh a="Run successfully" cd $APPS ls -l *.txt | while read $txt do if then cp $APPS/$txt cp $hist/$txt else rm $APPS/$txt echo "Files has been removed" fi done New in shell script please help me out Around 100 txt files in $APPS dir i want to search pattern from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
       ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices

SYNOPSIS
       /usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir]

DESCRIPTION
       ucblinks  creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi-
       ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry.

ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand.

ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been  created,
       since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed.

In  releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a  nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses  nawk
       for the default operation, although  nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option.  The  nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS
       5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk.

OPTIONS
       -e rulebase     Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements.

-r rootdir      Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /.

FILES
       /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk        sample rule-base for compatibility links

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWscpu			   |

SEE ALSO
       devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5)

SunOS 5.10							    13 Apr 1994 						      ucblinks(1B)