Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to find the ^M(control M) character in unix file? Post 302264580 by bluescreen on Thursday 4th of December 2008 08:30:09 AM
Old 12-04-2008
Why not use the '/usr/bin/dos2unix' utility?

-OR-

Code:
tr '\n' ' '

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create control file in UNIX

UNIX gurus: Following is what I am trying to do: I need to create a control file for another file that I am creating. The information needed in the control file is the date in YYYYMMDD format and then the number of records in the other file right justified and lpadded with spaces of 20. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Control character in a file

Hi All, I am looking for a solution to capture any ASCII control character in a file ( where the ASCII control character is in decimal value from 0 to 31 and 127 ( Hex value from 00 to 1F and 7F ) ) by returning any affected lines. The intended good file should contain "ASCII printable... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cursive
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden control characters in a Unix Text File!

Can anyone seem to know how to find out whether a UNIX text file has 'hidden' control characters? Can I view them using 'vi' by some command line options? If there are control characters in a text file which are invisible/hidden.. then how do I get rid of them? Your intelletual answers are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewl_guy
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

display all possible control characters from .xml file in unix

Hi, I have a .xml file in unix. We are passing this file through a xml parser. But we are getting some control characters from input file and XML parser is failing for the control character in file.Now I am getting following error, Error at byte 243206625 of file filename_$.xml: Error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fantushmayu
1 Replies

5. Programming

Problem with control file and special character

I am getting error when loading data file using ctl file. I get this error only when there is special character. Below is some data. DataFile=> company_id|ciu_id|english_name|iso_country_code|active|partner_name 1-2JT-122||Expert Järvenpää|FI|A|Expert Järvenpää Control File=> LOAD DATA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rshivarkar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl cmd to remove the control-Z character at end of 10GB file

In a 10-50GB file , at end of file there is Control-z character tried the below options, 1. perl -p -i -e 's/^Z//g' new.txt 2. perl -0777lwi -032e0 new.txt and Sed command, dos2unix etc it takes more time to remove the control-z. need a command or perl program to GO TO LAST LINE OF FILE ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prsam
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

control M character in unix file

in a file we are getting control character in a file , is there any way that they can be removed once we have the file for eg. BEGIN-PROCEDURE INITIALIZE ^M LET #row_count = 0^M ^M ^M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl

Hi, I am stuck with an problem and want some help, what i want to do is There is a directory name temp which include file named t1.txt, t2,txt, t3.txt and so on. These files contains data, but there are some bad character also that is % present in the files , I want to write the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script for creating Control file in UNIX

Delete ---- Original post, restored by mod after being deleted by abhilashnair ---- I have a requirement where, I need to create a control file which will have 3 columns in the header row as below: Filename Count Checksum This above control file has to contain metadata as above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)