Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX vmstat, comments and advices needed Post 302264450 by galapagos on Thursday 4th of December 2008 03:06:40 AM
Old 12-04-2008
hi..
those modifications does not effect so much.

i will try the : dbc_max_pct, dbc_min_pct and swapmem_on

> ioscan -funC disk
Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description
==========================================================================
disk 0 1/0/0/3/0.6.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP 73.4GST373453LC
/dev/dsk/c0t6d0 /dev/rdsk/c0t6d0
disk 1 1/0/0/3/1.2.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE DVD
/dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0
disk 2 1/0/1/1/0/1/1.6.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE HP 73.4GST373453LC
/dev/dsk/c3t6d0 /dev/rdsk/c3t6d0
disk 37 1/0/2/1/0.1.0.0.0.0.0 sdisk CLAIMED DEVICE COMPAQ MSA1000 VOLUME
/dev/dsk/c4t0d0 /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0

> ioscan -funC fc
Class I H/W Path Driver S/W State H/W Type Description
==================================================================
fc 0 1/0/2/1/0 td CLAIMED INTERFACE HP Tachyon XL2 Fibre Channel Mass Storage Adapter

> vgdisplay -v vg01
--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/dsk/c4t0d0
PV Status available
Total PE 13022
Free PE 22
Autoswitch On

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vmstat

Hi, what does mean the free colomne in out put of vmstat ? is it free espace of physical memory or of swap space on hard disk ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

need advices on install/configure amanda on solaris 10

i would like to have advices on how to install/configure amanda on solaris 10. thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

3. Linux

vmstat help

Hi everyone, I need to see some VM manager performance/behavior information on some Linux boxes regarding pages scanned/activation of the paging algorithm in order to get an idea if a given server needs more memory and is actually paging. In Aix servers, by using the vmstat cmd you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcpetela
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat

Hi I need to write a script to display VMSTAT every 5 seconds and I just need the memory columns - swap free re and just the numbers and the headers arent required. For example bash-3.00$ vmstat 5| awk '{print $4" "$5" "$6}' disk faults cpu ------ This header isnt required swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need advices on scripting for remote servers

Hi guys, I need some advice and recommendations for a work project I am doing. Let me state that security is not a concern as this is a closed network and the data is not sensitive. Here's what I would like to do and how I was planning to accomplish it: I have an application on my remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueicedrop2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed script, changing all C-comments to C++-comments

I must write a script to change all C++ like comments: // this is a comment to this one /* this is a comment */ How to do it by sed? With file: #include <cstdio> using namespace std; //one // two int main() { printf("Example"); // three }//four the result should be: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_hawk
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Linux Storage system: looking for advices

Gidday! I'd like to setup a storage server for a friend of mine (he is a hobby photographer, and he produces about 100Gb pictures monthly). My friend has the following PC-Server-like system: AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor 4850e. ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI motherboard with 6 SATA connectors. 3Gb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
7 Replies

8. Programming

Need some advices how to increse accuracy of the algorithm

Hi guys :D Can you raccomand some what I can do to increse accuracy of the Newton-Raphons method. It's not very accurate. // Implementation of Newton - Raphson method for // determination square root od positive number // Date: 10. april 2011 // Author: Solaris_user // Solution for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Want to learn Shell well.. Advices

Hi everyone.. Thanks a lot for reading this post. I am trying to learn shell and Unix well. I am taking course at UNT school, unfortunately, the professor doesn't explain well. I am trying to take an advantage of this course and learn as much as I could. I learn by myself.. read the book... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smasm9
1 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipnote - write the comments in zipfile to stdout, edit comments and rename files in zipfile SYNOPSIS
zipnote [-w] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to read comments from or edit. OPTIONS
-w Write comments to a zipfile from stdin (see below). -b path Use path for the temporary zip file. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipnote writes the comments in a zipfile to stdout. This is the default mode. A second mode allows updating the comments in a zipfile as well as allows changing the names of the files in the zipfile. These modes are described below. EXAMPLES
To write all comments in a zipfile to stdout use for example zipnote foo.zip > foo.tmp This writes all comments in the zipfile foo.zip to the file foo.tmp in a specific format. If desired, this file can then be edited to change the comments and then used to update the zipfile. zipnote -w foo.zip < foo.tmp The names of the files in the zipfile can also be changed in this way. This is done by following lines like "@ name" in the created temporary file (called foo.tmp here) with lines like "@=newname" and then using the -w option as above. BUGS
The temporary file format is rather specific and zipnote is rather picky about it. It should be easier to change file names in a script. Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)