Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ignite issue on HPUX server
Operating Systems HP-UX Ignite issue on HPUX server Post 302264413 by Prabhu H on Thursday 4th of December 2008 12:19:25 AM
Old 12-04-2008
Ignite issue on HPUX server

Hi All,

I am getting below error while igniting(restoring image) on 2470 server. i tried with different images it is giving same error. please help me out to resolve this issue

* Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpapp1",
(/dev/vg00/rsuppimpapp1).
* Making VxFS filesystem for "/usr/aethos/snss/suppimpdb",
(/dev/vg00/rsuppimpdb).
vxfs mkfs: read of lvm record failed
ERROR: newfs/mkfs (VxFS) command failed: (/sbin/fs/vxfs/newfs -s 131072 -o
largefiles /dev/vg00/rsuppimpdb).

The configuration process has incurred an error, would you like
to push a shell for debugging purposes? (y/[n]):

Thanks,
Prabhu H

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

without an ignite server ??

system: HP-UX 10.20 with HFS mounted. How can I convert the HFS to VxFS without an ignite server ? Is this possible ? thanks simon2000 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

an ignite server for Solaris 8 ?

I know and used an ignite server for hp-ux, but is there such a beast for Solaris flavour of unix ? thanks simon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simon2000
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP-UX Ignite server

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I can't find this particual problem. I've had an Ignite server running for years on a small internal network with images we load on daily basis. Tried to load two servers, L2000 and C3600 , both with same problem. # boot lan.192.168.2.2 install ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddeblance
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

HPUX model scirpt issue

hi, I am using HPUX 11.31(Itanium) and HP 5100 printer. I am using PCL5.nloo model script present in HPUX by default to print to printer. I am finding issues in printing paper sizes and few other options. Description of the problem: When i give a print with option "half" and "Legal"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue while auto login using .ssh for HPUX

Hi, While trying to supress password prompt using ssh. I have added .ssh folder manually and generated public key and added to authorized_keys file in the remote machine. But still it's prompting for passwords with the following message: Permission denied... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 116@434
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Ignite-ux and dhcp server Linux

I try to start a integrity vm machine using ignite-ux and my usual dhcp server on linux. Ip of server ignite is =192.168.0.16 Ip of dhcpd is = 192.168.0.2 Ip of client vm = 192.168.0.18 I try to boot from lan Booting over the network Loading.: lanboot Client MAC Address: XXXXXXXXXX ..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

HPUX nsswitch.conf issue

Hi all, There wasn't nsswitch.conf file in my HPUX server. So I copied /etc/nsswitch.files to /etc/nsswitch.conf and changed the content like below. passwd: compat group: compat hosts: files dns nis ipnodes: dns files services: nis files networks: nis... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Ignite recovery issue.

On one of the Hpvm server when I try to do the ignite recovery it aborts after recovering only 30 % of the archive. I do not have any other archive backup besides this. Even after restoring the 30 archive I could see that I am able to login to that server althoug ssh and other functionalities... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
9 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)