Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trapped Signal HUP
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Trapped Signal HUP Post 302263996 by nj78 on Wednesday 3rd of December 2008 12:14:41 AM
Old 12-03-2008
This information is in many books and google, wikipedia.

Is there a more specific question then this? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hup

I am curious about HUP..... kill -HUP pid What exactly does it do?? Does it stop the process and restart it from the beginning or from where it stopped? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbrown
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba, swat. how to send a HUP to inetd ?

solaris can't support pkill command:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
2 Replies

3. Linux

syslog hup

Hi All, I modified /etc/syslog.conf and execute kill -HUP syslogd_PID. There's nothing changes on the PID when I did ps -ef|grep syslogd. It's the same. Do you think it restarted the process of syslogd? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killed by signal 15.

Hi all I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script. Master.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Main.shMain.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Child1.sh & /export/home/user/Child2.sh & /export/home/user/Child3.sh & /export/home/user/Child4.sh &I run only Master.sh script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with HUP and SEGV.

Hello - I need to know the detail of HUP and SEGV. I know HUP is Hangup and can be use to kill a Unix login session remotely by sending a hangup signal to the process running the login session. Could someone tell me in detail prupose of HUP and SEGV (segmentation violation)? I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namasteall2000
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trapped in pipe

Hi Is there any way to find out in a single step ( command) the step where the pipe command failed when using multiple commands using pipe . eg : ll *.tar | grep dec | grep december.tar the first step is listing all tar files . Second step constitutes piping that data and doing grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
5 Replies

7. Solaris

sudo for permission kill -HUP

Hi, I'm trying to provide "/usr/bin/kill -HUP" command to one of the user using sudo file. I have configured sudo as following: $cat /etc/sudoers User_Alias AA=conadmin Cmnd_Alias KILL1=/usr/bin/kill -HUPAA ALL=NOPASSWD:KILL1 When I login as the user and execute 'sudo -l' command, it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohzub
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need more user signal

Hi In my program I have already used both SIGUSR1 SIGUSR2 user signals. I need another one. How can I do that? Thank you Naama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naamabm
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to block signal

I have this code that doesnt do what it is suppose to do. It should block signal that I send while process is running. I press control+z while this process is running and it should be blocked but it isnt. When i press control+z it gives me this.... + Stopped When I change SIGTSP into SIGINT then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Signal trapped during read resumes sleeping

Greetings. This is my first post in this forum; I hope y'all find it useful. One caveat: "Concise" is my middle name. NOT! :D I am almost done with a shell script that runs as a daemon. It monitors a message log that is frequently written to by a database server but it it works my client will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakesalomon
2 Replies
Signal(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Signal(3pm)

NAME
IPC::Signal - Utility functions dealing with signals SYNOPSIS
$number = sig_num $name; $name = sig_name $number; sig_translate_setup; $number = $Sig_num{$name}; $name = $Sig_name[$number]; DESCRIPTION
This module contains utility functions for dealing with signals. Nothing is exported by default. sig_num chopped-signal-name Returns the signal number of the signal whose name (sans "SIG") is chopped-signal-name, or undef if there is no such signal. This function is prototyped to take a single scalar argument. sig_name signal-number Returns the chopped signal name (like "HUP") of signal number signal-number, or undef if there is no such signal. This function is prototyped to take a single scalar argument. sig_translate_setup If you want to use the @Sig_name and %Sig_num variables directly you must call sig_translate_setup to initialize them. This isn't nec- essary if you only use the function interfaces sig_name() and sig_num(). This function is prototyped to take no arguments. %Sig_num A hash with chopped signal name keys (like "HUP") and integer signal number values. @Sig_name An array mapping signal numbers to chopped signal names (like "HUP"). AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.8.8 1998-12-28 Signal(3pm)