Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX command log ?
Operating Systems AIX AIX command log ? Post 302263985 by wmsnet on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 11:35:38 PM
Old 12-03-2008
Hammer & Screwdriver

you can use the command

set -o vi

and use the "esc" & "k" to list the last command just as use the vi shutkey

sometimes it is userful for someone! and i like it!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX command help

I have this command in my script and it's working fine with AIX: ls init?*.ora 2>/dev/null | egrep -i -e "" the same command is failing in Solaris 10. does anyone have better idea how to make it work for both ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

3. AIX

Which command in AIX 5L is replace updatelv in AIX 4.3?

When I import VG, it shows: 0516-622 synclvodm: Warning, cannot write lv control block data. I found AIX V4.3 have updatelv command can recovery LVB from VG, however, updatelv is not existed on AIX 5L, which command to replace it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX - 'at' command

I am working on AIX 5.2 platform and working with AIX command 'at' . May I am getting a weird problem . I have a script which is scheduled to run everyday.It uses 'at' command to call one java program. Most of the times 'at' command works fine without any issue but sometimes 'at' command... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: techi_0408
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need AIX command

1.What is the equivalent of the command "ls -ltr -h" in AIX..Which will list all file name with their size in GB 2. What comand can be used to display the output of df -k in GB in AIX. In in solaris we do df -h. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: e263041
0 Replies

6. AIX

help ma aix command

I don't know to aix command to check number of cpu, speed of cpu memory, size, memory type (ex. memory type chipkill) internal harddisk, size how many to seial I/O ? fibre network interface raid controller, raid type DVD-rom, speed DVD-rom aix version... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovenid
1 Replies

7. AIX

at command in aix

Hi I use this "at" command to unmount 12 filesystems in my aix server echo "ksh /usr/local/bin/umount.sh" | at now i want to schedule it on a daily basis. I know that it can be done via crontab. But Im just curious to know if daily wise scheduling can also be done via the "at" command ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

8. AIX

How to find the log for executed command in IBM AIX?

In Unix If we executed any command where will generate the particluar log related to command in Unix. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

9. AIX

I need help on AIX command

I'm new for aix...I need a command or script to check the high usage of cpu process and the physical cpu utilization... TIA Sumanth (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies
doctools::cvs(n)						Documentation tools						  doctools::cvs(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools::cvs - Processing text in 'cvs log' format SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil package require doctools::cvs ?1? ::doctools::cvs::scanLog text evar cvar fvar ::doctools::cvs::toChangeLog evar cvar fvar _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides Tcl commands for the processing and reformatting text in the format generated by the cvs log command. The commands ::doctools::cvs::scanLog and ::doctools::cvs::toChangeLog are derived from code found on the Tcl'ers Wiki [http://wiki.tcl.tk]. See the references at the end of the page. API
::doctools::cvs::scanLog text evar cvar fvar The command takes the text and parses it under the assumption that it contains a CVS log as generated by cvs log. The resulting information is stored in the variables whose names were specified via evar, cvar, and fvar. Already existing information in the referenced variables is preserved, allowing the caller to merge data from multiple logs into one database. varname evar (in) Has to refer to a scalar variable. After the call this variable will contain a list of all the entries found in the log file. An entry is identified through the combination of date and author, and can be split over multiple physical entries, one per touched file. It should be noted that the entries are listed in the same order as they were found in the text. This is not necessarily sorted by date or author. Each item in the list is a list containing two elements, the date of the entry, and its author, in this order. The date is formatted as year/month/day. varname cvar (in) Has to refer to an array variable. Keys are strings containing the date and author of log entries, in this order, separated by a comma. The values are lists of comments made for the entry. varname fvar (in) Has to refer to an array variable. Keys are strings containing date, author of a log entry, and a comment for that entry, in this order, separated by commas. The values are lists of the files the entry is touching. ::doctools::cvs::toChangeLog evar cvar fvar ] The three arguments for this command are the same as the last three arguments of the command ::doctools::cvs::scanLog. This com- mand however expects them to be filled with information about one or more logs. It takes this information and converts it into a text in the format of a ChangeLog as accepted and generated by emacs. The constructed text is returned as the result of the command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
http://wiki.tcl.tk/log2changelog KEYWORDS
changelog, cvs, cvs log, emacs, log CATEGORY
Documentation tools COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1 doctools::cvs(n)