Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Net-SNMP issues Solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris Net-SNMP issues Solaris 10 Post 302263980 by geek_man on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 11:01:56 PM
Old 12-03-2008
Hi!

Have you tried the following command?

# snmpget -v 2c -c public localhost sysDescr

I am trying to implement net-snmp in a solaris 10 server but I am having a lot of problems. It includes the UCD-SNMP mib but when I ask for a value like memAvailReal it returns
ERROR: Request timeout.

But when I ask for a value like sysDescr it returns the correct value.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

net-snmp

Does anybody know where I can get net-snmp for compaq tru64 V4.0G? I am having a difficult time locating it. Can it run on tru64 V4.0G? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
2 Replies

2. Solaris

net-snmp-5.1.2 Solaris 9

All, I downloaded and installed the following net-snmp from the sourceforge.net website on a Solaris 9 server with the entire collection installed: net-snmp-5.1.2-SunOS_5.9_sun4u.tar.gz with no errors. I attempt to run snmpget and I get the following error: ld.so.1: snmpget: fatal:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
1 Replies

3. Solaris

net-snmp on solaris 8

hello I am running solaris 8 sparc. I installed net-snmp 5.4.1 (compiled it from tar file). When I do snmpwalk from another server, I receive a partial list of OIDs then it stops and gives 'timeout. No response...' another snmpwalk will directly timeouts. I compiled again the binaries... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Net-snmp issue in Solaris 8

Hi there, I know this is a common question, but I have not found a satsifactory solution yet, so pardon me for posting similar questions. My problem is the log /var/adm/messages is filling up with this entry every few minutes Please refer below. Oct 4 21:39:46 host last message repeated 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 issue on Sun Solaris

Hi, I am trying to compile the source code for Net-SNMP-5.4.2.1 using the gcc compiler-3.4.6 and 3.4.3 but I am getting the follwoing error with perl enabled: /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -g -O2 -Usolaris2 -Dsolaris2=solaris2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -Wdeclaration-after-statement... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tisha
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Error occurred while making the net-snmp 5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version.

Hi all, Error occurred while making the net-snmp-5.4.4 on Solaris 5.10 version. Environment - Solaris 5.10-x86 - Net-SNMP-5.4.4.tar.gz - Path (/etc/profile) PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATHUSR=/usr/ccs/bin: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH Error01 - summary ***... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziosnim
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

Net-snmp 5.7.2 on HP-UX 11.31

Hi All, I have an issue with net-snmp communication from a monitoring server to HP UX server. Following are the details HP - UX server : 172.16.184.34 Monitoring Server : 172.16.5.57 (Solarwinds Application)I'm running HP-UX's snmp on udp port 161 and net-snmp on udp 1161. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
0 Replies
VARIABLES(5)							     Net-SNMP							      VARIABLES(5)

NAME
variables - Format of specifying variable names to SNMP tools. SYNOPSIS
system.sysdescr.0 DESCRIPTION
Variable names are in the format of Object Identifiers (ASN.1). There are several methods of representation. Each variable name is given in the format of A.B.C.D..., where A, B, C, and D are subidentifiers in one of two forms of notation. Each subidentifier may be encoded as a decimal integer, or a symbol as found in the RFC1066 MIB. The case of the symbols is not significant. If there is no leading "." in the variable name, the name will be formed as if having been preceded with "iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib.". A "." must be placed before the first variable if the user is to fully specify the name. For example: 1.1.0 system.sysDescr.0 and 1.sysDescr.0 all refer to the same variable name. Likewise: .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0 .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib.system.sysdescr.0 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.sysdescr.0 All refer to the same variable name. The description of the variables in the MIB is given in the set of MIB files defined by the MIBS environment variable (or the default list defined at compilation time) and the MIB files in the /usr/share/snmp/mibs directory (or the MIBDIRS environment variable). SEE ALSO
RFC 1065, RFC 1066, RFC 1067, ISO IS 8824(ASN.1) BUGS
The parser of the MIB files file is not expected to handle bizarre (although correct) interpretations of the ASN.1 notation. 4th Berkeley Distribution 02 Mar 1999 VARIABLES(5)