Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting prevent errors/warnings from being written to log file Post 302263979 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 10:39:20 PM
Old 12-02-2008
please post the script and the error message.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to SNX

Hi all, I am getting the following error when I try to do a build of a product. I dont have the dependencies of the binaries involved in the build and thats the reason I was not able to find which library to add or to proceed to the next step to solve the reference problem. Undefined ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerryragland
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I prevent cron from returning errors on a file not found?

find: /home/Upload/*: No such file or directory I am getting a find error when I run for FILE in `find /home/Upload/* -prune -type f -newer TIMEFILE` do I need to run this job every 10 minutes to upload any new files that were added. Is there an easy way to prevent this? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodmis
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to prevent the pattern "^[[0m" from being written to a file ????

Hi folks, I am using a shell script to display the referred libraries names of any specified cpp code. Given below is the script: shell script "grblib" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # get the lines having "include" pattern ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pink01
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing colors for compiler errors/warnings

Hi, I am using GNU unix. And running a bash shell. Can anyone please tell me what is the command for changing the color of the compiler error/warning messages on the console. I think it is in .bashrc and do not know how. Thanks Pink (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pink01
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle errors and warnings

Hi Guys, I am working on a shell script(main script) where in i have to call another script B and pass parameter to that script. I see that the shell script that is being called in the main script is throwing warnings/fatal errors. So i am just wondering how do i capture these and ask the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scan log file for errors

Hi everyone. I am still new to UNIX, and am having trouble figuring out how to create a script to scan a log file to look for errors based on a string. We run AIX 5.3, and would like the ability to report all the instances of WebSphere Broker Execution groups crashing. This script would... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimbojames
8 Replies

8. Programming

How to prevent a C++ program reading a file that is still being written to.?

Hi, Hopefully someone can help. We have a process that writes a file using Connect Direct to our local Solaris server and then our C++ program will pick up the file and process it. Unfortunately, because of the size of the file, the C++ program is processing the file before it has finished... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a fast written log file at Real time speed?

Hello All, I am building a real time parser for a log file in my application. The log file is continuously written at a very fast pace and gets rolled over every 10 minutes. I have measured the speed and observed that around 1000 lines are written to it every second, each line about 30-40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting Errors to a Log file

Good Morning, Every so often, I have copy scripts that to don't complete, but I don't immediately know why. It usually ends up being a permissions issue or a length issue. The scripts edit a log file, so I'd like to include any copy errors/issues in that file to check if the copies... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
4 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)