Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Send attachment in Linux
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send attachment in Linux Post 302263950 by shamushamu on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 06:49:18 PM
Old 12-02-2008
Send attachment in Linux

Hi, I have searched the site for info on sending an attachment in Linux, have tried a few people mailx codes but to no success. Can someone please help me? This is what i have so far:

#!/bin/bash

user_mail_address="me@yahoo.com"
filename="attachment.txt"
body="This is the body"

mail -s "This is the subject" $user_mail_address $filename

How do i modify the code, so that I can add a file attachment.txt and also type something in the body of my email? Thanks.

Last edited by shamushamu; 12-02-2008 at 09:29 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send an attachment with metasend

Hi, How to send an attachment of which the name contains the space. Following is the command I tried. metasend -b -s "test subject" -F "test@yahoo.com" -t "test@test.com" -f "test.txt" -m "text/plain" -n -f "test 123.txt" -m "application/xls" If the file name contains no space,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: egckhad
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send attachment without uuencode

Hello - In unix, can you tell me IF there is a way to send attachments via email without using uuencode command? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a attachment

Hi, I want to send a attachment using mailx command and also i want to include body of the mail which is stored in a text file.:confused: uuencode att.txt att.txt |mailx -s "attachment" adc@mail.com < text.txt I tried this command, but it is not working fine. It is showing the body but it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lathish
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send a mail with attachment?

Hi, I usually write a file TEST.MAIL like this to send mails: Importance: High Priority: Urgent X-Priority: 1 (Highest) From: user Subject: error ... text body .... and then I launch it (or writre a c-chell that launchs it) by writing: mail a@b.com < /users/.../TEST.MAIL How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: albaalbetti
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to send email attachment as read only in Linux

Hi, Could anyone help me to find soultion for the issue to send email attachment as read only. I can change the file permission in Linux and can send the email attachment from Linux. But my requirment is user can read the attachment but should not modified it . even user save the attachment... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: calagar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment without using uuencode

H All I want to send attachment in mail but I dont have uuencode installed in AIX server, there is any alternative way to send attachment in mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail using attachment

Hi All, I need to send mail with attachment. I am using uuencode but it seems it is sending encoded file. I am getting the mail with attachment but there is no data even the file size is almost 90KB. Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unankix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail as attachment

Hi All, I am trying to send mail via unix and attaching file along with that mail, but facing issue while sending. I have tried below commands- 1)- uuencode $prmDirOutput/report_mailbody $prmDirOutput/report_mailbody | mailx -s "Acknowledgment file- $subject" $email_id 2)- mutt -a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send attachment with the email

Hi All, The below code is working fine for me. mailx -s hello abc@xyz.com <<EOT Hello !!! How are you? Regards Rahul EOT But i am not able to send csv file with the mail .Getting just themail but not the attachment. uuencode /path/s1.csv | mailx -s hello abc@xyz.com <<EOT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
9 Replies
GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)					    OpenGL 3.3						  GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)

NAME
glFramebufferRenderbuffer - attach a renderbuffer as a logical buffer to the currently bound framebuffer object C SPECIFICATION
GLsync glFramebufferRenderbuffer(GLenum target, GLenum attachment, GLenum renderbuffertarget, GLuint renderbuffer); PARAMETERS
target Specifies the framebuffer target. target must be GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER, or GL_FRAMEBUFFER. GL_FRAMEBUFFER is equivalent to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER. attachment Specifies the attachment point of the framebuffer. renderbuffertarget Specifies the renderbuffer target and must be GL_RENDERBUFFER. renderbuffer Specifies the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget to attach. DESCRIPTION
glFramebufferRenderbuffer attaches a renderbuffer as one of the logical buffers of the currently bound framebuffer object. renderbuffer is the name of the renderbuffer object to attach and must be either zero, or the name of an existing renderbuffer object of type renderbuffertarget. If renderbuffer is not zero and if glFramebufferRenderbuffer is successful, then the renderbuffer name renderbuffer will be used as the logical buffer identified by attachment of the framebuffer currently bound to target. The value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_TYPE for the specified attachment point is set to GL_RENDERBUFFER and the value of GL_FRAMEBUFFER_ATTACHMENT_OBJECT_NAME is set to renderbuffer. All other state values of the attachment point specified by attachment are set to their default values. No change is made to the state of the renderbuuffer object and any previous attachment to the attachment logical buffer of the framebuffer target is broken. Calling glFramebufferRenderbuffer with the renderbuffer name zero will detach the image, if any, identified by attachment, in the framebuffer currently bound to target. All state values of the attachment point specified by attachment in the object bound to target are set to their default values. Setting attachment to the value GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT is a special case causing both the depth and stencil attachments of the framebuffer object to be set to renderbuffer, which should have the base internal format GL_DEPTH_STENCIL. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if renderbuffertarget is not GL_RENDERBUFFER. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if zero is bound to target. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer(), glGenRenderbuffers(), glFramebufferTexture(), glFramebufferTexture1D(), glFramebufferTexture2D(), glFramebufferTexture3D() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLFRAMEBUFFERRENDERB(3G)