Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Insuficient space on /dev SCO 5.5 Post 302263940 by edfair on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 06:02:02 PM
Old 12-02-2008
resizing partitions

Unfortunately, no. A resizing ends up reallocating space and wiping out what was there previously.

You could move stuff from /root to /u but that can require multiple steps and may corrupt applications if you touch the wrong files.

You can probably find files that can be deleted, but before you even try that make sure you have emergency boot disks to allow you into the system to undo anything bad. And rather than delete at first I would make a copy on the other filesystem so it can be recovered if needed.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Ran out of space on /dev/root partition

hi, I have a SCO unix server which has a 36gb hard drive, but the IT company who supplied it assigned 1gb to /dev/root, 15mb to /dev/boot and 33gb to /dev/u. The /dev/root partition is now full, is there a way I can use the 33gb assigned to /dev/u without loosing any data, preferably... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Martyn
2 Replies

2. SCO

No space on dev HD (1/42)

Good Evening to all, I am having a problem with our unix server, I give you a little history. last we the logins started getting slower and slower, when we tried to print nothing came out on the network printer, the system had an error ("printer file close error unit=0). Checking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: berkmillionare
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NOTICE: HTFS: No space on dev hd (1/42)

If somebody solve this error please help me! Thanks in advance! :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: FCollet
7 Replies

4. SCO

No space on /dev/hd 1/42

No one is able to log in. What can I try? Help!:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ibqti
1 Replies

5. SCO

Xenix Problems - No space on dev 1/40

Hello - I'm a newbie to these forums. Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong area. My dilemma. The HD on our ancient Xenix system apparently is full. I receive the "no space on dev 1/40" prompt. This occurred after I attempted to purge some unwanted files. This system runs our small... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmbrickley
1 Replies

6. SCO

/dev/inet/tcp not listening in SCO 6.

While in SCO Openserver 5.0.7, Sybase listened to /dev/inet/tcp, the same is not working in SCO Openserver 6. The Network card is however active and pinging fine. What can be the reason? What is the way out? An early response will be appreciated. Thank you Regards TCG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to increase space /dev/hd4?

A check disk space and find /dev/hd4 used 99%. How to increase space. Thank you for advice. /home/tecsys > df Filesystem 512-blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd4 1048576 20624 99% 5977 68% / /dev/hd2 6815744 653032 91% 59194 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yapcs88
4 Replies
E2UNDO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 E2UNDO(8)

NAME
e2undo - Replay an undo log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem SYNOPSIS
e2undo [ -f ] [ -h ] [ -n ] [ -o offset ] [ -v ] [ -z undo_file ] undo_log device DESCRIPTION
e2undo will replay the undo log undo_log for an ext2/ext3/ext4 filesystem found on device. This can be used to undo a failed operation by an e2fsprogs program. OPTIONS
-f Normally, e2undo will check the filesystem superblock to make sure the undo log matches with the filesystem on the device. If they do not match, e2undo will refuse to apply the undo log as a safety mechanism. The -f option disables this safety mechanism. -h Display a usage message. -n Dry-run; do not actually write blocks back to the filesystem. -o offset Specify the filesystem's offset (in bytes) from the beginning of the device or file. -v Report which block we're currently replaying. -z undo_file Before overwriting a file system block, write the old contents of the block to an undo file. This undo file can be used with e2undo(8) to restore the old contents of the file system should something go wrong. If the empty string is passed as the undo_file argument, the undo file will be written to a file named e2undo-device.e2undo in the directory specified via the E2FSPROGS_UNDO_DIR environment variable. WARNING: The undo file cannot be used to recover from a power or system crash. AUTHOR
e2undo was written by Aneesh Kumar K.V. (aneesh.kumar@linux.vnet.ibm.com) AVAILABILITY
e2undo is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
mke2fs(8), tune2fs(8) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 E2UNDO(8)