Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: route after reboot
Operating Systems Solaris route after reboot Post 302263731 by upengan78 on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 11:12:45 AM
Old 12-02-2008
route after reboot

Hello,

I just added a route in solaris 10 system for host to use gateway.

Quote:
route add -host 192.168.100.70 192.168.100.5
I see that new route in the netstat command
Quote:
192.168.100.70 192.168.100.5 UGH 1 2
Will this stay after reboot or I have to make any provision for this? Please let me know

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no route to host

I not able to ping outside the internet. i am able to ping my 192. ip address. when i try to ping a 68. ip address i get no route to host. what should i do to correct this issue. I have sco openserver 5.05 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scoman2
6 Replies

2. IP Networking

trace route ip

hi everybody , i have a solaris 5.6 box and i want to trace the route on an ip i treid traceroute but soalris 5.6 does not support it ... is there a command that can be used equivelent to traceroute ? thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disappearing route

I have a route that disappears when the server is rebooted. to get the route back I do: route add 65.x.x.x 10.0.x.x I go to cd /etc/inet vi config and the route is in place Anybody might know what is happening? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrmontg
4 Replies

4. Solaris

SOLARIS does not route

hi, i installed solaris 9 on an SPARC server with two network interfaces. behind each interface is a small lan. i can reach every computer in every lan using one of the other interface when i am logged in the solaris. but if a computer from one lan has to connect to a computer on the other lan,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bong02
4 Replies

5. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding new Route

Hi, I am trying to add route command in SunOS machine but it is not successful : route add -host 10.31.251.47 -gateway 10.31.251.0 -interface ce0 this command fails with an error "lo0:1: bad value" I want to add a route to 10.31.251.47 that picks 10.31.251.0 as the gateway via the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static Route

Hi, Request you to please tell me the command or the process to add the static route in redhat linux. Thanks in Advance. Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Route to nowhere?

Hi, HP-UX 11iV2, but it's probably universal (tcp/ip) I have a production and a test server. The test server gets the application updated nightly from the production server software. The application accesses a set of process servers on a separate subnet (192.163.22.30,31,32), but reachable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monroedoug
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Delete route so it does not persist after reboot

Solaris 10 I am trying to delete a route using the command: route -p delete 192.0.0.0 192.1.3.254 The route gets delete but for some reason the route pops back up in the routing table after reboot. I also deleted the /etc/inet/static_routes file and the route still persists after reboot.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
6 Replies

10. IP Networking

Route get output

I'm having some trouble understanding the output of the route command. Specifically, the "route to" and "destination" fields. I'm guessing "route to: <address>" means when the queried host receives packets, it sends them to <address> by default, and "destination: <address>" means <address> is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies
IFNDP-PROXY(5)						       Network configuration						    IFNDP-PROXY(5)

NAME
ifndp-proxy[-<interface name>] - IPv6 NDP and IPv4 ARP proxy entries SYNOPSIS
/etc/sysconfig/network/ifndp-proxy /etc/sysconfig/network/ifndp-proxy-<interface name> DESCRIPTION
These files contain IPv6 NDP and IPv4 ARP proxy settings, that should be applied using the ip neigh add proxy command documented in the ip(8) manual page that provides a common interface for IPv4 and IPv6. The NDP/ARP proxy is required, e.g. when IP addresses from the same subnet have to be used on the interface of the host as well as on interfaces behind a (tunnel) interface and using a bridge is not an option. Don't forget to enable forwarding and the NDP/ARP proxy by setting net.ipv6.conf.<all|default|interface name>.proxy_ndp = 1 net.ipv6.conf.<all|default|interface name>.forwarding = 1 and/or net.ipv4.conf.<all|default|interface name>.proxy_arp = 1 net.ipv4.conf.<all|default|interface name>.forwarding = 1 or net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 either as global all setting in the /etc/sysctl.conf file or using the ifsysctl(5) files, that allow per-interface setup. Forwarding can be also enabled in the /etc/sysconfig/sysctl file using the IP_FORWARD and IPV6_FORWARD variables. The proxy entries are added and deleted using the if-{up|down}.d/ndp-proxy script, every time after an involved interface has been set up or down. SYNTAX
The format of the ifndp-proxy file is: <address> <address interface> <proxy interface list> The format of the ifndp-proxy-<address interface> file is same to above, but allows also to omit the address interface by using a "-" as placeholder inside of the file, because it is already available in the file name: <address> <address interface | -> <proxy interface list> Lines beginning with # and blank lines are ignored. Each line defines to add a proxy NDP/ARP entry with the address of or behind address interface to all interfaces in the proxy interface list. EXAMPLES
Let's assume, your machine is connected via eth0 to a switch with the networks 2001:db8:abba::/64 and 192.168.100.1/24 and is using the IP address 1 itself. You'd like to use the addresses 11 and 12 e.g. for virtual machines behind the tap1 and tap2 interface, that is: 2001:db8:abba::1/64 -- local eth0 address 2001:db8:abba::11/64 -- address behind tap1 2001:db8:abba::12/64 -- address behind tap2 192.168.100.1/24 -- local eth0 address 192.168.100.11/24 -- address behind tap1 192.168.100.12/24 -- address behind tap2 then set up the following entries in the ifndp-proxy file: 2001:db8:abba::1 eth0 tap1 tap2 2001:db8:abba::11 tap1 eth0 tap2 2001:db8:abba::12 tap2 eth0 tap1 192.168.100.1 eth0 tap1 tap2 192.168.100.11 tap1 eth0 tap2 192.168.100.12 tap2 eth0 tap1 additionally to the routing entries in the routes or ifroute-<interface name> files. BUGS
Please report bugs at <https://bugzilla.novell.com/> AUTHOR
Marius Tomaschewski <mt@suse.de> SEE ALSO
ifup(8) ifcfg(5) ifsysctl(8) sysconfig December 2009 IFNDP-PROXY(5)