Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: untar
Operating Systems AIX untar Post 302263669 by allwin on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 07:52:54 AM
Old 12-02-2008
untar

Hi,

How can i untar a set of files in to different directory.

This is content

tar -tvf samba.tar
drwxrwxrwx 0 0 0 Nov 28 18:35:41 2008 samba/
-rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/b.txt
-rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/c.txt
-rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/d.txt
drwxrws--- 0 0 0 Nov 28 18:35:41 2008 samba/test/
-rw-r--r-- 0 0 0 Nov 18 15:12:40 2008 samba/a.txt

I need to extract the file without creating samba folder.

Is it possible?

Many thanks
Allwin

Last edited by allwin; 12-02-2008 at 09:20 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Untar to different location

Hi, I'm facing problem of untar'ing the tar contents with absolute pathnames to a different directory. Please provide me some hint on how to resolve it. Regards, Pradeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep_desh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent....untar!!!

HI UNIX GURUS... I am facing the a similar problem which malaymaru has posted earlier raegarding untaring a file in some other specified directory.But the solution by UNIX DAEMON "Perderabo" seems little difficult to understand.(USING #pax -r -s '=^/opt/abc=/tmp=' < tarfile) So plz explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul26
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

untar to a specified file

I have file1.tar and want to untar it under /server/file2. If I do tar -xvf file1.tar, the files will be deployed under file1. How to specify the destination folder?? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

untar

i have try to untar the file in same location. But it gave the error # tar -xvf TSMSRVAIX5220.tar x tivoli.tsm.devices.acsls, 757760 bytes, 1480 media blocks. tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 4011 not equal to 8222. How can i rectify this prob. Thanks in advance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash96453
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Untar problems

Hi, I am new to unix scripting. I have written a java program which will initialize a sftp connection and copy a unix script from my machine to a remote server. Then i initalized an ssh connection and i executed the script. This script contains a sequnece of commands and one of them is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothg
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar remotely

I need to upload tar or zip files to a unix server than unzip or untar them remotely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to do the remote untar or unzip? For example does someone know of a cgi script or something? Thanks -jz (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwzumwalt
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp, chown, untar

hello i want shell script. i have a source.txt /home/user409/public_html/test/ /home/user09876/public_html/xdsss/ /home/user9765/public_html/320xxx/ . . . maybe 1000 lines i want . 1.read a source.txt 2.untar special.tar.gz into these directory in source.txt 3.i want to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to untar file

Hello Experts, I have requirement in which a file is present in the folder_test. In that folder there is file called Test.tar.gz.20111102. Now my requirement is i have to rename this file to someother format and untar it.... folder_test Test.tar.gz.20111102 I am using the below... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to Untar

Hello, bash-2.05# tar -xvf sunos.tar tar: directory checksum error bash-2.05# file sunos.tar sunos.tar: data bash-2.05# Can someone please help me untar this. This is a Solaris 9 box. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zigi_p5
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies
DH-MAKE-GOSA(1) 						      Debian							   DH-MAKE-GOSA(1)

NAME
dh-make-gosa - Debianizes the source of a given gosa plugin SYNOPSIS
dh-make-gosa [OPTION]... SOURCE DESCRIPTION
dh-make-gosa takes a directory or tar ball of an existing gosa plugin and adds debian information to it. Feel free to use dpkg-buildpackage to generate your own gosa-plugin package from source or svn and enable it in the gosa.conf(5) file to activate it. OPTIONS
-r debian-release, --release debian-release Set the Debian release to debian-release when generating the Debian tree. Default is the unstable release. --dest destination-directory Place where dh-make-gosa will place its working data while generating the source directory. Defaults to the current directory. --section debian-section Set the Debian section to debian-section when generating the Debian tree. Defaults to the the web section. --depends package,package,... Add additional dependencies to the Debian tree which did not get listed in the plugin.dsc file. This is a comma seperated list of Debian package names. -e mail, --email mail Overrides the Debian packager defined inside the plugin.dsc file by the one specified by mail. Example usage # Check out a plugin from SVN svn co https://oss.gonicus.de/repositories/gosa/trunk/gosa-plugins/samba /tmp/samba # Debianize the tree cd /tmp dh-make-gosa --email cajus@debian.org --release etch --section web samba # Build debian package cd samba dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us -rfakeroot To build everything from the subversion repository which is GOsa related, please take a look at the contributed make-gosa-package script. AUTHOR
Cajus Pollmeier <cajus@debian.org> BUGS
Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the GOsa mailing list <gosa-devel@oss.gonicus.de> or to <https://oss.goni- cus.de/labs/gosa> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
This code is part of GOsa (L<http://www.gosa-project.org>) Copyright (C) 2003-2009 GONICUS GmbH This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. GOsa v2.6 2008-04-07 DH-MAKE-GOSA(1)