Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check Post 302263658 by ravager on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 07:05:48 AM
Old 12-02-2008
there is a lot of stuff you will have to look at

Problems
errpt
system messages and your syslog

LVM
lspv
lsvg |lsvg -il
lsvg |lsvg -ip

disks
lspv
lspath
pcmpath query device --->pcmpath ( for mpio ) datapath (for sdd ) Look at disk storage

here are some links to try and get started
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/wikis/display/WikiPtype/Home

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

logical volume and filesystem

explain about logical volume and filesystem thanks for your replay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chomca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - Extending Logical Volume within Volume Group

Hello, I have logical volume group of 50GB, in which I have 2 logical volumes, LogVol01 and LogVol02, both are of 10GB. If I extend LogVol01 further by 10GB, then it keeps the extended copy after logical volume 2. I want to know where it keeps this information Regards Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Unmount and remove all Logical vol.Volume group and physical disk

Hi, Someone please help me with how i can unmount and remove all the files systems from a cluster. This is being shared by two servers that are active_standby. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joeli
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filesystem not using all available space in Logical Volume

I am running HP-UX 11.31 ia64. The /usr filesystem shows 7 GB as the size, but the logical volume that is mounted there shows 13 GB. Is there a way to get the entire 13 GB to show up and why did this happen in the first place? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: trojan28
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

6. AIX

Position of the logical volume on the physical volume

Hello everyone, I just read that while creating a logical volume(LV) we can choose the region of the physical volume (PV) in which the LV should be created. When I say region I mean: outer edge - outer middle - center - inner middle and inner edge. Can anyone help me understand the utility... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
11 Replies

7. Linux

Logical Volume to physical disk mapping

When installing Linux, I choose some default setting to use all the disk space. My server has a single internal 250Gb SCSI disk. By default the install appears to have created 3 logical volumes lv_root, lv_home and lv_swap. fdisk -l shows the following lab3.nms:/dev>fdisk -l Disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
2 Replies

8. AIX

Increase filesystem and or logical volume

Hi all, Do i need to increase the logical volume each time i increase the filesystem? or is enough to increase the filesystem and the logical volume get increase automatically? extendlv hd4 1 chfs -a size=2G /tmp or just chfs -a size=2G /tmp Code tags! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux

Hello guys, I would like to ask you kindly if you don't know some quick and safe method how to shrink ext4 filesystem and reduce the size of a Logical Volume in Linux, please? Thank you very much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: los_bandidos
2 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)