Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming c++ : Use of System() to execute .exe with parameters Post 302263655 by eusta on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 06:58:54 AM
Old 12-02-2008
c++ : Use of System() to execute .exe with parameters

Hello,

I 've trie to execute a a program with parameters unsuccessfully and i take the above message :

"The system cannot find the path specified."

I used a variaton of the above command :
system("\"C:\\xxx\\xxx\\xxx.exe -xxx -xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx xxx.xxx\"");

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how To edit exe to insert a serial no wich can be usd by runing exe

At time of installation I have to open the resource. and i have to insert a string serial number in the exe. please provide me code to edit the exe (in solaris) to insert a serial number which can be used by exe at run time. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssahu
6 Replies

2. AIX

Execute a command at the system restart

Hi Folks, I have an AIX server and I would like the server to run the command saprouter -r at every system restarts. It needs to be run by a specific user. How would I do that? Thanks!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brookingsd
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Find AIX system parameters

System Parameters: maximum number of processes = 2048 Network parameters: ipqmaxlen - 512 rfc1323 - 1 sb_max - 1310720 (2*655360) tcp_recvspace - 65536 tcp_sendspace - 65536 Udp_recvspace - 655360 Udp_sendspace 65536 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: R00tSc0rpi0n
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I do a rexec to execute un C exe ?

Hello, I would like to do a rexec to execute a C exe (prog.e) : rexec -l user -p password host prog.e When I execute this command, I have this error : prog.e : can not find lib.o But, When I execute prog.e directly in the remote machine : well done ! No error output. Thks for your... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lika
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script in different system

Hi, I have a shell script in systemA and another shell script in systemB. when I execute the script in systemA, it should call the another script in systemB. Please tell me the way to do this. Thanks, Raja. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
3 Replies

6. AIX

System Parameters

Hi, Does anyone know what the System Parameter 'SHMSZ' is and how do I find it? I'm looking for the shared memory size of this particular parameter. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:31 AM ---------- Does SHMSZ mean 'Shared Memory SiZe? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to get system parameters / information on Sun Solaris 5.10

Hello to everyone, i am new to Sun Solaris. i have Solaris 5.10 installed on the X86 platform. i am writing a script which gathers some system information. but i can not find some of the parameter from the system can any one please suggest to way to find these params. shell command will be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhil.sigpro
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute an exe at startup using rc.local

I want to execute a qt exe program at startup. That is after automatic login instead of loading Desktop and seeing it, the program quickly pop up to the screen. For this, I think we should add the script to rcx.local rather than rc.local I guess though.. I tried adding a script to /etc/rc.local... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to execute an exe file from my location

Hello all, Am facing a peculiar problem, I have copied a utility exe from a bin folder into my local temp folder. I am trying to execute that exe, but it throws out an error saying "No such file or directory". I have given 755 & 777 permissions to it and I tried, but it still throws out that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies
pure-authd(8)							     Pure-FTPd							     pure-authd(8)

NAME
pure-authd - External authentication agent for Pure-FTPd. SYNTAX
pure-authd [-p </path/to/pidfile>] [-u uid] [-g gid] [-B] <-s /path/to/socket> -r /program/to/run DESCRIPTION
pure-authd is a daemon that forks an authentication program, waits for an authentication reply, and feed them to an application server. pure-authd listens to a local Unix socket. A new connection to that socket should feed pure-authd the following structure : account:xxx password:xxx localhost:xxx localport:xxx peer:xxx end (replace xxx with appropriate values) . localhost, localport and peer are numeric IP addresses and ports. peer is the IP address of the remote client. These arguments are passed to the authentication program, as environment variables : AUTHD_ACCOUNT AUTHD_PASSWORD AUTHD_LOCAL_IP AUTHD_LOCAL_PORT AUTHD_REMOTE_IP AUTHD_ENCRYPTED The authentication program should take appropriate actions to fetch account info according to these arguments, and reply to the standard output a structure like the following one : auth_ok:1 uid:42 gid:21 dir:/home/j end auth_ok:xxx If xxx is 0, the user was not found (the next authentication method passed to pure-ftpd will be tried) . If xxx is -1, the user was found, but there was a fatal authentication error : user is root, password is wrong, account has expired, etc (next authentication methods will not be tried) . If xxx is 1, the user was found and successfully authenticated. uid:xxx The system uid to be assigned to that user. Must be > 0. gid:xxx The primary system gid. Must be > 0. dir:xxx The absolute path to the home directory. Can contain /./ for a chroot jail. slow_tilde_expansion:xxx (optional, default is 1) When the command 'cd ~user' is issued, it's handy to go to that user's home directory, as expected in a shell environment. But fetching account info can be an expensive operation for non-system accounts. If xxx is 0, 'cd ~user' will expand to the system user home directory. If xxx is 1, 'cd ~user' won't expand. You should use 1 in most cases with external authentication, when your FTP users don't match system users. You can also set xxx to 1 if you're using slow nss_* system authentication modules. throttling_bandwidth_ul:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for uploads, in bytes per second. throttling_bandwidth_dl:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for downloads, in bytes per second. user_quota_size:xxx (optional) The maximal total size for this account, in bytes. user_quota_files:xxx (optional) The maximal number of files for this account. ratio_upload:xxx (optional) radio_download:xxx (optional) The user must match a ratio_upload:ratio_download ratio. Only one authentication program is forked at a time. It must return quickly. OPTIONS
-u <uid> Have the daemon run with that uid. -g <gid> Have the daemon run with that gid. -B Fork in background (daemonization). -s </path/to/socket> Set the full path to the local Unix socket. -R </path/to/program> Set the full path to the authentication program. -h Output help information and exit. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-authd -s /var/run/ftpd.sock -r /usr/bin/my-auth-program & pure-ftpd -lextauth:/var/run/ftpd.sock & /usr/bin/my-auth-program can be as simple as : #! /bin/sh echo 'auth_ok:1' echo 'uid:42' echo 'gid:21' echo 'dir:/home/j' echo 'end' AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2389, RFC 2228 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-authd(8)