Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX how can i install sqlplus and execute some sql commands Post 302263601 by talipk on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 03:54:11 AM
Old 12-02-2008
stefan,

thank you very much for your detailed help and expalanations...

talip.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

crontab ..sqlplus cannot execute

i have shell script. when i run in normail mode..it run ok but when i use crontab command to set that program run in certain time it give an error. error 'SQLPLUS cannot execute' what the problem.i already set all the correct path and use both root and normal id but still cannot execute properly. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zikronz
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple SQL scripts from single SQL Plus connection

Hi! I would like to do a single connection to sqlplus and execute some querys. Actually I do for every query one connection to database i.e echo 'select STATUS from v$instance; exit' > $SQL_FILE sqlplus user/pass@sid @$SQL_FILE > $SELECT_RESULT echo 'select VERSION from v$instance;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant execute sqlplus from tcshell

Hi, I'm having issues with executing sqlplus (silent mode) through the tcsh. (trying to save a value into a parameter...) I assume that the issue is that there are new lines: I tried the followings and got those errors: set RESULT=`sqlplus -s USER/PASS@//localhost:1521/ABCD <<BLA select *... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fcbman
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to execute multiple .sql scripts from within a shell script using sqlplus

using sqlplus I want to execute a .sql script that has dbms_output statments in rhe script. I want to write the dbms_output statements from .sql file to a log file. is this possible. thanks any help would be appreciated :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRS80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus: cannot execute

Hi, This is the content in my .profile on a unix server, MAIL=/usr/mail/${LOGNAME:?} umask 027 #added by enRole Agent PATH=${PATH}:/opt/app/p1crm1c3/informatica/oracle/product/10.2.0 export PATH PATH=$PATH:/opt/app/p1crm1c3/informatica/oracle/product/10.2.0/network/admin/sqlnet.ora;export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Execute Oracle pl/sql commands in a scrit using nohup

Good afternoon: I need your help please, Im new at Unix nd specially Unix applicationas like oracle and Ive got this problem: I was asked to execute the next script using nohup in order to not hang up the session because it was supposed to connect to the database and then insert about 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute 10 sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script?

I am new to shell scripting and i want to know how to execute the *.sql files from a folder through sqlplus in shell script and files should be execute in sequentially one by one while execution if any ORA error it has to exit from sqlplus session 1) scripts from external folder 2) logs has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreekanth Reddy
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use for loop to execute multiple .sql files while using SQLPLUS for db connection.?

Hello , Im calling every single file inside my script like 1.sql,2.sql so on it looks so tedious. I want to replace with for loop where every file gets executed. When i use for loop im getting errorUnexpected EOF] , can anyone please help me out in this.. How i can use for loop to invoke my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethi87
6 Replies
SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					     SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-install - GNU shtool install(1) command SYNOPSIS
shtool install [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-d|--mkdir] [-c|--copy] [-C|--compare-copy] [-s|--strip] [-m|--mode mode] [-o|--owner owner] [-g|--group group] [-e|--exec sed-cmd] file [file ...] path DESCRIPTION
This command installs a one or more files to a given target path providing all important options of the BSD install(1) command. The trick is that the functionality is provided in a portable way. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -d, --mkdir To maximize BSD compatiblity, the BSD "shtool "install -d"" usage is internally mapped to the "shtool "mkdir -f -p -m 755"" command. -c, --copy Copy the file to the target path. Default is to move. -C, --compare-copy Same as -c except if the destination file already exists and is identical to the source file, no installation is done and the target remains untouched. -s, --strip This option strips program executables during the installation, see strip(1). Default is to install verbatim. -m, --mode mode The file mode applied to the target, see chmod(1). Setting mode to ""-"" skips this step and leaves the operating system default which is usually based on umask(1). Some file modes require superuser privileges to be set. Default is 0755. -o, --owner owner The file owner name or id applied to the target, see chown(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing uid or the parent setuid directory. -g, --group group The file group name or id applied to the target, see chgrp(1). This option requires superuser privileges to execute to the fullest extend, otherwise the choice of group is limited on most operating systems. Default is to skip this step and leave the operating system default which is usually based on the executing gid or the parent setgid directory. -e, --exec sed-cmd This option can be used one or multiple times to apply one or more sed(1) commands to the file contents during installation. EXAMPLE
# Makefile install: : shtool install -c -s -m 4755 foo $(bindir)/ shtool install -c -m 644 foo.man $(mandir)/man1/foo.1 shtool install -c -m 644 -e "s/@p@/$prefix/g" foo.conf $(etcdir)/ HISTORY
The GNU shtool install command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 1997 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by portability issues in the installation procedures of OSSP libraries. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), umask(1), chmod(1), chown(1), chgrp(1), strip(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-INSTALL.TMP(1)