Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove lines based on score criteria Post 302263549 by smriti_shridhar on Tuesday 2nd of December 2008 12:03:10 AM
Old 12-02-2008
Thanks

I tried the code but its giving an error saying -
Illegal variable name. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append specific lines to a previous line based on sequential search criteria

I'll try explain this as best I can. Let me know if it is not clear. I have large text files that contain data as such: 143593502 09-08-20 09:02:13 xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx 09-08-20 09:02:11 N line 1 test line 2 test line 3 test 143593503 09-08-20 09:02:13... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesse
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate lines (the first matching line by field criteria)

Hello to all, I have this file 2002 1 23 0 0 2435.60 131.70 5.60 20.99 0.89 0.00 285.80 2303.90 2002 1 23 15 0 2436.60 132.90 6.45 21.19 1.03 0.00 285.80 2303.70 2002 1 23 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joggdial3000
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove duplicates based on a field and criteria

Hi, I have a file with fields like below: A;XYZ;102345;222 B;XYZ;123243;333 C;ABC;234234;444 D;MNO;103345;222 E;DEF;124243;333 desired output: C;ABC;234234;444 D;MNO;103345;222 E;DEF;124243;333 ie, if the 4rth field is a duplicate.. i need only those records where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanderingmind16
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Lines based on criteria

Hello, Need help with following scenario. A file contains following text: {beginning of file} New: This is a new record and it is not on same line. Since I have lost touch with script take this challenge and bring all this in one line. New: Hello losttouch. You seem to be struggling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: losttouch
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines from a file based on a criteria

Hi I need to select lines from a txt file, I have got a line starting with ZMIO:MSISDN= and after a few line I have another line starting with 'MOBILE STATION ISDN NUMBER' and another one starting with 'VLR-ADDRESS' I need to copy these three lines as three different columns in a separate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlcm sam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria

Hi All, I have following input file. I wish to retain those lines which match multiple search criteria. The search criteria is stored in a variable seperated from each other by comma(,). SEARCH_CRITERIA = "REJECT, DUPLICATE" Input File: ERROR,MYFILE_20130214_11387,9,37.75... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file in more files based on score content

Dear All, I have the following file tabulated: ID distanceTSS score 8434 571269 10 10122 393912 9 7652 6 10 4863 1451 9 8419 39 2 9363 564 21 9333 7714 22 9638 8334 9 1638 1231 11 10701 918 1000 6587 32056 111 What I would like to do is the following, create 100 new files based... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: paolo.kunder
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files, remove lines from second based on lines in first

I have two files, a keepout.txt and a database.csv. They're unsorted, but could be sorted. keepout: user1 buser3 anuser19 notheruser27 database: user1,2343,"information about",field,blah,34 user2,4231,"mo info",etc,stuff,43 notheruser27,4344,"hiya",thing,more thing,423... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: esoffron
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove lines from File.A based on criteria in File.B

Hello, I have two files of the following form. I would like to remove from File.A where the first three colum matches values in File.B to give the output in File.C File.A 121 54321 PQR CAT 122 765431 ABC DOG 124 98765 ZXY TIGER 125 86432 GEF LION File.B 122 765431 ABC 125 86432 GEF... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
4 Replies
SIGINFO(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							SIGINFO(2)

NAME
siginfo -- signal information SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> DESCRIPTION
siginfo is a structure type which contains information about a signal delivered to a process. siginfo includes the following members: int si_signo; int si_errno; int si_code; si_signo contains the signal number generated by the system. If si_errno is non-zero, then it contains a system specific error number associated with this signal. This number is defined in errno(2). If si_code is less than or equal to zero, the signal was generated by a user process or a user requested service: SI_USER The signal was generated via kill(2). The siginfo structure contains the following additional members: pid_t si_pid; uid_t si_uid; The si_pid field contains the pid of the sending process and the si_uid field contains the user id of the sending process. SI_TIMER The signal was generated because a timer set by timer_settime(2) has expired. The siginfo structure contains the following addi- tional members: sigval_t si_value; The si_value field contains the value set via timer_create(2). SI_ASYNCIO The signal was generated by completion of an asynchronous I/O operation. The siginfo structure contains the following additional members: int si_fd; long si_band; The si_fd argument contains the file descriptor number on which the operation was completed and the si_band field contains the side and priority of the operation. If the operation was a normal read, si_band will contain POLLIN | POLLRDNORM; on an out-of- band read it will contain POLLPRI | POLLRDBAND; on a normal write it will contain POLLOUT | POLLWRNORM; on an out-of-band write it will contain POLLPRI | POLLWRBAND. If si_code is positive, then it contains a signal specific reason why the signal was generated: SIGILL ILL_ILLOPC Illegal opcode ILL_ILLOPN Illegal operand ILL_ILLADR Illegal addressing mode ILL_ILLTRP Illegal trap ILL_PRVOPC Privileged opcode ILL_PRVREG Privileged register ILL_COPROC Coprocessor error ILL_BADSTK Internal stack error SIGFPE FPE_INTDIV Integer divide by zero FPE_INTOVF Integer overflow FPE_FLTDIV Floating point divide by zero FPE_FLTOVF Floating point overflow FPE_FLTUND Floating point underflow FPE_FLTRES Floating point inexact result FPE_FLTINV Invalid Floating point operation FPE_FLTSUB Subscript out of range SIGSEGV SEGV_MAPERR Address not mapped to object SEGV_ACCERR Invalid permissions for mapped object SIGBUS BUS_ADRALN Invalid address alignment BUS_ADRERR Non-existant physical address BUS_OBJERR Object specific hardware error SIGTRAP TRAP_BRKPT Process breakpoint TRAP_TRACE Process trace trap SIGCHLD CLD_EXITED Child has exited CLD_KILLED Child has terminated abnormally but did not create a core file CLD_DUMPED Child has terminated abnormally and created a core file CLD_TRAPPED Traced child has trapped CLD_STOPPED Child has stopped CLD_CONTINUED Stopped child has continued SIGPOLL POLL_IN Data input available POLL_OUT Output buffers available POLL_MSG Input message available POLL_ERR I/O Error POLL_PRI High priority input available POLL_HUP Device disconnected For SIGILL, SIGFPE, and SIGTRAP the siginfo structure contains the following additional members: void *si_addr; int si_trap; si_addr contains the address of the faulting instruction and si_trap contains a hardware specific reason. For SIGBUS and SIGSEGV the siginfo structure contains the following additional members: void *si_addr; int si_trap; si_addr contains the address of the faulting data and si_trap contains a hardware specific reason. For SIGPOLL the siginfo structure contains the following additional members: int si_fd; long si_band; The si_fd argument contains the file descriptor number on which the operation was completed and the si_band field contains the side and pri- ority of the operation as described above. Finally, for SIGCHLD the siginfo structure contains the following additional members: pid_t si_pid; uid_t si_uid; int si_status; clock_t si_utime; clock_t si_stime; The si_pid field contains the pid of the process who's status changed, the si_uid field contains the user id of the that process, the si_status field contains a status code described in waitpid(2), and the si_utime and si_stime fields contain the user and system process accounting time. STANDARDS
The siginfo type conforms to X/Open System Interfaces and Headers Issue 5 (``XSH5''). HISTORY
The siginfo functionality first appeared in AT&T System V Release 4 UNIX. BSD
July 26, 2010 BSD