Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ls how to not show date
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ls how to not show date Post 302263357 by minifish on Monday 1st of December 2008 11:24:23 AM
Old 12-01-2008
Thank you so muchSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show yesterday date

HI all, i am a junior learner, can u teach me how to show yesterday time with unix command? thanks! Cloud (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wind_n_cloud
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to show timestamp instead of date in "ls –l"

Hello is there any way build in by unix native commands to show timestamp instead of date when I do "ls -l" ? if not is there any one liner script to do this? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to show date/time of file the string was found in.

I've seen several examples of grep showing the filename the string was found in, but what I really need is grep to show the file details in long format (like ls -l would). scenario is: grep mobile_number todays_files This will show me the string I'm after & which files they turn up in, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodstock
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show date/time with tail|grep command

Hi, I have a log file without date/time, and I want that everytime tail|grep find something it displays the date/time and the line. I have tried something like this command but without any luck to display the date/time: tail -F catalina.out | sed "s/^/`date `/" | egrep ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: julugu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show last month date?

Hi Guys, Please somebody give me a hand to show the Month & Year in assigning to a variable and with format "MMMYY" (i.e. Jul11). See below preferred output. I tried using this but it is giving me the current month... date = "`date +%b%y`" Aug11 DESIRED OUTPUT: Jul11 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to show one occurence of duplicate date?

Iam having one variable with a value REPORT_MISSING=$(grep -i 'Unable to find an Entry*' cognos_env01_env13_2012-12-20-0111.log | sed 's|Unable to find an Entry for the report \(.*\) in the Security Matrix|\1|g') This give me value as Direct Authorization Error Listing.xml Health... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vikram_Tanwar12
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to calculate date and show data

data: hostcomment { host_name=myhost01 entry_type=1 comment_id=1 source=0 persistent=1 entry_time=1415723753 expires=0 expire_time=0 author=hpsm comment_data=IM0837437472 } program { modified_host_attributes=1 modified_service_attributes=1 enable_notifications=1... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the string in date format

Hello guys. how can print the: 20140206 like Fri, Feb 6, 2015 Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ymir
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
SETFILE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SETFILE(1)

NAME
/usr/bin/SetFile -- set attributes of files and directories SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/SetFile [-P] [-a attributes] [-c creator] [-d date] [-m date] [-t type] file ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/SetFile is a tool to set the file attributes on files in an HFS+ directory. It attempts to be similar to the setfile command in MPW. It can apply rules to more than one file with the options applying to all files listed. Flags: -P Acts on a symlink file instead on the file the symlink resolves to. -a attributes Sets the file attributes bits where attributes is a string of case sensitive letters. Each letter corresponds to a file attribute: an uppercase letter indicates that the attribute bit is set (1), a lowercase letter indicates that it is not (0). Note: attributes not specified remain unchanged. A | a Alias file B | b Has bundle C | c Custom icon (allowed on folders) D | d Located on the desktop (allowed on folders) E | e Extension is hidden (allowed on folders) I | i Inited - Finder is aware of this file and has given it a location in a window. (allowed on folders) L | l Locked M | m Shared (can run multiple times) N | n File has no INIT resource S | s System file (name locked) T | t "Stationery Pad" file V | v Invisible (allowed on folders) Z | z Busy (allowed on folders) -c creator Specifies the file's creator, where creator can be a string of four MacRoman characters, an empty string ('') designating a null creator, or a binary, decimal, octal, or hexadecimal number in standard notation (e.g. 0x52486368). -d date Sets the creation date, where date is a string of the form: "mm/dd/[yy]yy [hh:mm:[:ss] [AM | PM]]" Notes: Enclose the string in quotation marks if it contains spaces. The date must be in the Unix epoch, that is, between 1/1/1970 and 1/18/2038. If the year is provided as a two-digit year, it is assumed to be in the 21st century and must be from 00 (2000) through 38 (2038). -m date Sets the modification date where date is a string of the form in -d above. (mm/dd/[yy]yy [hh:mm:[:ss] [AM | PM]]) -t type Sets the file type, where type can be a string of four MacRoman characters, an empty string ('') designating a null type, or a binary, decimal, octal, or hexadecimal number in standard notation (e.g. 0x55455955). RETURN VALUES
0 attributes set 1 syntax error 2 any other error SEE ALSO
GetFileInfo(1) EXAMPLES
This command line sets the modification date of "myFile": SetFile -m "8/4/2001 16:13" myFile Mac OS X January 4, 2009 Mac OS X