Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hdisk0 usage 100%
Operating Systems AIX hdisk0 usage 100% Post 302263285 by nivaspIND on Monday 1st of December 2008 08:10:15 AM
Old 12-01-2008
Issue has been escalated to app team and they have put the solution in t his way

" Intensive user created background job was scheduled every 5mins -- removed the mentioned job.".. really not sure what he means !!!!!!!!
any idea what he means by intensive user ... is it some kinda d/f user created in AIX.....Smilie

BTW, what does this disp+wor does, why is it takin so much space and whn I grep it in ps -ef , it doesnt show ... what is it ???????
nivas p

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

URGENT 100% disk usage!!

Help! Our mail server has 100% disk utilisation. I don't know much about linux but I need to delete something pronto. I only have to keep this thing ticking over until it is replaced by an exchange server in a few weeks, but the phone is constantly ringing with people telling me they can't send... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scg
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hdisk0 internal

goodpeople, have a corrupt boot volume and systems keep's on crashing with it. suspecting drive is bad. question is how does one determine which of the 5 internal drives I have in my cage is hdisk0 any help would be appreciated Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Student37
2 Replies

3. AIX

hdisk0 becomes hdisk2 after replaced

hello, I must've screwed something here.. I just had hdisk0 replaced by IBM.. now it shows up as hdisk2 instead. Before doing that, I've had it split from hdisk1, and reduced from rootvg. Just did a rmdev -dl hdisk2.. ran cfgmgr, but still shows up as hdisk2 instead of hdisk0.. help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiem
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

7. Solaris

100% memory usage in prstat

Hi Guys, I have observed the Oracle (DB USER) is utilizing 100% of the memory in the prstat -a output. I am bit confused is it normal and if not how to bring it down? ABout the machine it is a SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200. Please see below output of prstat -a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what to do if a mount drive has 100% usage?

Hi Experts, If you use df -iv and finds out that one of your mounted drives has 100% inodes used, how can you free it to have more free inodes%? I have removed some files, but still have the 100% used. Thanks in advance.:b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scomrade
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies
atrm(1) 							   User Commands							   atrm(1)

NAME
atrm - remove jobs spooled by at or batch SYNOPSIS
atrm [-afi] [ [ job #] [user...]] DESCRIPTION
The atrm utility removes delayed-execution jobs that were created with the at(1) command, but have not yet executed. The list of these jobs and associated job numbers can be displayed by using atq(1). atrm removes each job-number you specify, and/or all jobs belonging to the user you specify, provided that you own the indicated jobs. You can only remove jobs belonging to other users if you have solaris.jobs.admin privileges. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a All. Removes all unexecuted jobs that were created by the current user. If invoked by the privileged user, the entire queue will be flushed. -f Force. All information regarding the removal of the specified jobs is suppressed. -i Interactive. atrm asks if a job should be removed. If you respond with a y, the job will be removed. FILES
/var/spool/cron/atjobs spool area for at jobs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
at(1), atq(1), auths(1), cron(1M), auth_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 1999 atrm(1)