Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using if to identify proper mib for use with a cisco switch Post 302263231 by mitch on Monday 1st of December 2008 05:35:07 AM
Old 12-01-2008
awesome, just go back to work today and I'm going to play around with this. Thank you and I will post the complete working code once it is. thank you.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

how to connect to Cisco switch from Ubnutu

Hi, I installed Ubnutu on my old laptop which does have COMM port, I want to connect to Cisco switch, I have Cisco cable connected to laptop. On Windows, I usually bring up "Hyper Terminal" how do I do it here? Please advice. Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Net::SNMP version getting info from cisco switch

I am having trouble working with SNMP module with perl. I am trying to get SNMP version of target system. I use following code to get it however it resturns error as "Argument "v6.0.1" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at ./chk_env_upd.pl line 447." Get load table my $resultat =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dynamax
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

cisco switch + firewall configuration upgrade

Hi experts, I need to cope configuration from one switch/firewall to another switch/firewall. I have copied running configs. The question is do I have to clear the existing configuration on the dest. devices Or can I copy it(replace) directly without clearing previous config ? If... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios 3.3.1 SNMP with Cisco Switch Fails

Hello all! I am running Nagios 3.3.1 and I am trying to get it to monitor the ports on my Cisco Catalyst 3524-XL-PWR Managed Switch. But I keep getting "(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)" I have installed and compiled the plugins and the snmp services on the Ubuntu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RossIV
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Free Cisco Catalyst Switch Lab

I've setup my Linux system, running Scientific Linux and ser2net, as a terminal server for my Cisco switches. Logon and have fun!! telnet 72.205.54.70 49001 telnet 72.205.54.70 49002 telnet 72.205.54.70 49003 For topology and updates go to http://labswitch.blogspot.com. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoda9999
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Cisco 3750 Switch ASA VPN Routing

Hi,I want connect my ASA 5510 firewall to a 3750 switch with RIP routing. Unfortunately,I am having issues passing the VPN subnet through rip to the 3750.I don't understand how the routing table is populated on the ASA. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)