Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris after ZFS can not restore VTOC of disk.. Post 302262927 by pravinlandge on Saturday 29th of November 2008 03:07:39 PM
Old 11-29-2008
in solaris 10 ZFS uses a EFI disk in this type you cant see 7 slices if you want to SMI disk type format -e <disk>

then lable it you will get output like this
format> lable
[0] SMI Label
[1] EFI Label
Specify Label type[0]:

Press enter

and again lable this time it will not asked 0 or 1 you will get your 7 slice

Thanks
Smilie Pravin L

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Restore to disk from tape

I have been restoring from tape some old data. I have done quite a few tapes and have had no problems until now. The command I am running is "dd if=/dev/rmt/1hbn bs=1024 | tar -pBxF - ". This is the second tape have have come up with the error "Not enough space". This tape has a couple of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mtoombs
1 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS Restore Attempt

We currently have T2000 servers attached to Sun 3320 Storage Arrays. We run a database on the 3320 devices with the storage created through ZFS. We use 3 RAIDZ2 pools and then create our partitions from those. Now onto the question. If our T2000 fails and we swap out machines is there a way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckhtr77
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Local Full Backup and Restore ZFS

Hi men, I'm testing for my backup&restore job with ZFS. My server have two disks. I wanna do backup&restore job like ufsdump utility: Disk0 is rpool(root zpool) and disk1 (backup zpool) will be stored full backup replicates. When rpool zpool have problem, i can "boot cdrom -s" and use my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Emergency - restore a deleted zfs snapshot

Hi, I deleted a zfs snapshot because it was as big as the original zfs. After the snapshot was removed, all the data in the original zfs is gone. How this happened? Can I restore the snapshot? Please help. Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. AIX

Dd of disk contains vg and restore on another m/c

Hello gurus, I have a requirement of backup of a vg containing a file system. vg1 contains 3 LV each of 50G size. They are coming out from ~350G harddisk. and only 150G is being used. Now, i want to dd this hdisk and restore to another machine. I am not sure how to go about this. Can some... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishekdave
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS Slice disk

Hi, How to to make a slice and define as ufs from zpool? Please advice me. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:24 AM ---------- Before slice: Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Restore of Netapp FC lun targets used as the disks for a zpool with exported zfs file systems

So, We have a Netapp storage solution. We have Sparc T4-4s running with LDOMS and client zones in the LDOMS, We are using FC for storage comms. So here's the basic setup FC luns are exported to the primary on the Sparc box. using LDM they are then exported to the LDOM using vdisk. at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

How to restore from disk?

Our new rx2800 server is running HP-UX 11iV3. We have a cron script to perform an fbackup to a file on disk nightly. Now I'm trying to do a test restore, but I can't seem to find the correct way to specify the backup file as the source in frecover. Can anyone point me in the right direction? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
5 Replies
wxStaticBitmap(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition					      wxStaticBitmap(3erl)

NAME
wxStaticBitmap - See external documentation: wxStaticBitmap. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxStaticBitmap . This class is derived (and can use functions) from: wxControl wxWindow wxEvtHandler DATA TYPES
wxStaticBitmap() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
new() -> wxStaticBitmap() See external documentation . new(Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Id::integer(), Label::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap)) -> wxStaticBitmap() Equivalent to new(Parent, Id, Label, []) . new(Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Id::integer(), Label::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap), Options::[Option]) -> wxStat- icBitmap() Types Option = {pos, {X::integer(), Y::integer()}} | {size, {W::integer(), H::integer()}} | {style, integer()} See external documentation . create(This::wxStaticBitmap(), Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Id::integer(), Label::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap)) -> bool() Equivalent to create(This, Parent, Id, Label, []) . create(This::wxStaticBitmap(), Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Id::integer(), Label::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap), Options::[Option]) -> bool() Types Option = {pos, {X::integer(), Y::integer()}} | {size, {W::integer(), H::integer()}} | {style, integer()} See external documentation . getBitmap(This::wxStaticBitmap()) -> wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap) See external documentation . setBitmap(This::wxStaticBitmap(), Bitmap::wxBitmap() (see module wxBitmap)) -> ok See external documentation . destroy(This::wxStaticBitmap()) -> ok Destroys this object, do not use object again AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxStaticBitmap(3erl)