Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace xml values
Top Forums Web Development Replace xml values Post 302262923 by research3 on Saturday 29th of November 2008 02:51:13 PM
Old 11-29-2008
Replace xml values

Hallo all,

I try to create a bash script but till now without any positiv results.
The script should replace different variables in a text file with the right xml values

Look at the following xml file:

file.xml

===================================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Daten>
<export_date>2008-07-15 16:29:01</export_date>
<language>english</language>

temp.txt

All dates were exported at <export_date>
The text was translated in <language>

script.sh

#!/bin/bash

IFS=$'\n'

for i in `cat file.xml | sed 's/>/ /g' | awk '{print $1}' | sed 's/</ /g' | sed 's/ //g'`
do

for j in `grep "$i" temp.txt | sed 's/.*<//g'| sed 's/>.*//g' `
do
#echo $j
for h in `cat temp.txt | sed -e "s/"$j"/$(cat file.xml | grep "$j" | sed 's/>/ /g' | sed 's/</ /g' | awk '{print $2}')/g" >> temp2 `
do
echo $h
done
done

done
==================================================

The aim should be

All dates were exported at 2008-07-15 16:29:01
The text was translated in english.

Do you know how I could work on this?

thx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace xml values -- Shell --

Hello all, I try to create a bash script but till now without any positiv results. The script should replace different variables in a text file with the right xml values Look at the following xml file: file.xml =================================== <?xml version="1.0"... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
14 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Values from XML

Hi all, Can anyone help me out in parsing values from the xml in shell script below.. <DropDB> <DBName>RMDatabase</DBName> <UName>root</UName> <PWord>test</PWord> </DropDB> I need the values RMDatabase , root and test alone ... :wall: Thanks in advance :) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get values from xml tags?

Hi guys, Need ur help again. Source File is coming like this. sample two records are below: <?xml version="1.0"?> <Object> <Header> <XCOMVers>V1.0</XCOMVers> <REPORT>XXXXX</REPORT> <CODE>002</CODE> </Header> <IssueCard> <Record> <L>CAR SYSTEM -SSSSS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sene_geet
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out values between xml tag

Find out values between xml tag ....... ABC><name></ABC><xyz>test</xyz>..here some other tag... <ABC><NUMBER></ABC><xyz>12345</xyz>.... ....... I want to take between bewtween ABC><NUMBER></ABC><xyz> to </xyz> that is 12345 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML For Values

Hi All, I want to parse XML to extract values of the tags to do further processing. The XML looks like <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <allinput> <input A="2389906" B="install"> <C>111</C> <D>222</D> <E>333</E> <F></F> <G>444</G> <H></H> <I></I> <J></J> <K>C,D,E,G</K>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulmittal87
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX UNIX Script to Replace XML Values

Hi - I've seen variations of this same question asked but I have not been able to find an answer that fits my problem. Please direct me to another post if there already is a solution to this. I'm trying to write a Unix script to dynamically iterate through a flat file and replace a value in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocbit
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to populate (2) values in .XML

Good Afternoon Team - I"m asking for assistance on a piece of code to populate two values in an XML file. I have it working perfectly using CScript for DOS, but I have a need to do that same process in a Linux environment. Here is the XML I need to modify: <?xml version="1.0"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies
STAG-PARSE(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    STAG-PARSE(1p)

NAME
stag-parse - parses a file and fires events (e.g. sxpr to xml) SYNOPSIS
# convert XML to IText stag-parse -p xml -w itext file1.xml file2.xml # use a custom parser/generator and a custom writer/generator stag-parse -p MyMod::MyParser -w MyMod::MyWriter file.txt DESCRIPTION
script wrapper for the Data::Stag modules feeds in files into a parser object that generates nestarray events, and feeds the events into a handler/writer class ARGUMENTS
-p|parser FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module this is the class that parsers the input file(s) and generates stag events xml assumed as default -w|writer FORMAT FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module this is the class that catches the events thrown by the parser; it can be any class, but the class is typically a writer xml assumed as default -o|out FILE the writer will use this file (defaults to STDOUT) -e|errf FILE file to store parse error handler output -errhandler FORMAT/MODULE FORMAT is one of xml, sxpr or itext, or the name of a perl module all parse error events go to this module -r|root NODE_NAME if this is specified, NODE_NAME becomes the root of the stag tree, and anything that was previously the root is placed below this. this happens automatically if more than one file is parsed (because there can only be one tree root) -color Works only if the output handler is able to provide ASCII-colors (currently supported for itext and xml) SEE ALSO
Data::Stag This script is a wrapper for the method Data::Stag->parse() perl v5.10.0 2008-12-23 STAG-PARSE(1p)