Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting test with two conditions (OR) Post 302262897 by Franklin52 on Saturday 29th of November 2008 01:55:56 PM
Old 11-29-2008
Use square brackets instead of parenthesis and place a space around the equal signs:
Code:
[[ $1 == 'this' || $2 == 'that' ]] && echo test1 says ok
[[ $1 == 'this' || $2 == 'that' ]] && echo test2 says ok
[[ $1 = 'this' || $2 = 'that' ]] && echo test3 says ok
[[ $1 == 'this' || $2 == 'that' ]] && echo test4 says ok

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors in if conditions with to many OR conditions

Hi ALL I have a script where in i need to check for several values in if conditons but when i execute the script it throws error such as "TOO MANY ARGUMENTS" if then msg="BM VAR Issue :: bmaRequestVAR=$bmaRequestVAR , nltBMVAR=$nltBMVAR , bmaResponseVAR=$bmaResponseVAR ,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shc : trying to test functionality "test" compiling but can not execute

I am testing shc to see if it would help with my need. Im at a point where Im trying to compile and test the "test.ksh" file that comes in the tar ball : shc-3.8.9> shc -v -r -f test.ksh shc shll=ksh shc =-c shc =exec '%s' "$@" shc = shc opts= shc: cc test.ksh.x.c -o test.ksh.x... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell test conditions

Are these shell test conditions in any man pages? I do not see them in bash or ksh man pages. The tests below are test conditions provided by the shell: -b file = True if the file exists and is block special file. -c file = True if the file exists and is character special file. -d file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies
PURITY-NG(6)							   Games Manual 						      PURITY-NG(6)

NAME
purity-ng - general purpose purity testing software SYNOPSIS
purity-ng [OPTION]... list|FILE|TESTNAME DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. OPTIONS
--version print current version of purity-ng -h, --help show the help message and exit -p print the test without prompting for answers. -r decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. To get a list of all purity tests available globally on your system, run purity-ng list. AUTHORS
purity was originally written by Eric Lechner in 1989. purity-ng is a reimplementation of purity in Python for modern systems, written by Simon Fondrie-Teitler and Luke Faraone. This manual page was written by Luke Faraone. BUGS
If you find bugs in the application, please report these to <https://bugs.launchpad.net/purity-ng> or to your distribution's distributor. SEE ALSO
purity(6) Running purity-ng format provides documentation about the datafile format. Additional documentation is available online at <http://packages.python.org/purity-ng>. January 7, 2011 PURITY-NG(6)